Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorised setup for second Quad

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Motorised setup for second Quad

Hi
    I am going to install my second Quad and this time with motorised setup. I have only setup a fixed 28.2 dish prior to this so maybe a bit green on what configuration the installation should be.

As I will be using my existing twin coax from my redundant tuner, I assume that one cable goes to the LNB via the motor and the other cable goes direct to the LNB. My question is do you setup the motor on Tuner A and does those settings get updated to Tuner B automatically. Alternatively can you set up the Tuners independantly so Tuner A is reading my existing fixed 28.2 dish and Tuner B is setup for the multiple satellite motorised dish. Any advise would be much appreciated

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Normaly tuner b will be set as second cable of tuner a ,but you can have tuner a to the fixed dish and tuner b to the motor also , depends what way you want to work it 2 dishes or 1

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi stevejo
    Thanks for the reply, if anyone has any further thoughts that would be good, like would the ABM on the VIX image that I will be installing cater for multiple sats and a fixed sat independant tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Note: Treat hardware as separate from configuration in receiver settings. Yes, receiver settings must match the hardware setup. There will always be a cable from motor to LNB on motorised dish, not always direct.

Simplest Option:
    H/W.
    One cable to 28.2 dish. One cable to motor
    S/W
    1st tuner set as simple, single 28.2. 2nd tuner as loop through tuner 1
    3rd tuner set as simple, positioner, usals. 4th tuner set as loop through to tuner 3.

Without running extra cable option:
    H/W
    One cable to 28.2 dish.
    Combine 28.2 with motorised using diseqc switch. See this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sh-to-one-coax
    S/W:
    1st tuner set as simple, single 28.2. 2nd tuner as loop through to tuner 1
    3rd tuner set as in guide. Not sure if you can use loop through on tuner 4.

Running Extra cable (shot gun or two singles) and using twin LNB on motor option.
    H/W
    Two cables to 28.2 dish to tuners 1&2. One cable to motor, one cable directly to twin LNB on motorised dish.
    S/W
    1st tuner set as simple, single 28.2. 2nd tuner set as simple, single 28.2.
    3rd tuner set as simple, positioner, usals. 4th tuner set as 2nd cable from motorised dish.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlotus View Post
    Hi stevejo
    Thanks for the reply, if anyone has any further thoughts that would be good, like would the ABM on the VIX image that I will be installing cater for multiple sats and a fixed sat independant tuners.
    I use catseyes list and ABM for 28e if you install catseyes first the set ABM to keep all bouquets when you scan catseyes list will remain

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu

Initially I will only have the two factory installed tuners. More plugin tuners will be added later, so I either set one tuner for fixed and the other motorised or both tuners to motorised for first install.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu
    Initially I will only have the two factory installed tuners. More plugin tuners will be added later, so I either set one tuner for fixed and the other motorised or both tuners to motorised for first install.
    Unless you have two motors, you can not have both tuners as motorised.

My setup is as follows,

Without running extra cable option, two tuners:
    H/W
    One cable to 28.2 dish.
    Combine 28.2 with motorised using diseqc switch and conect to 2nd tuner. See this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sh-to-one-coax
    S/W:
    1st tuner set as simple, single 28.2.
    2nd tuner set as in guide.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, so if you had 4 tuners you would need 4 motors? That does not sound right

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I did not say you need four motorised dishes if you have four tuners. Don't knwo where we reacghed that confusion. The golden rule is tuner config must match what is actually attached to it.

For arguments sake, hardware is.
    1 x motorised dish connected to tuner B.
    1 x fixed dish connected to tuner A.

Software is.
    Tuner A is configured as motorised. This is wrong, but lets go with it.
    Tuner B is configured as motorised.

Motorised dish is moved to say 13E. A recording is started, tuner B is now occupied. You then want to view another channel on a different transponder/satellite, lets say 19e. The receiver will treat it as you have told it. You will get a tune failed because it can't move a fixed dish. However, whilst tuner B is occupied and you want to watch a chanenl on 28.2, although the dish connected to tuner At is not motorised, it should work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, apologies from the description that's what it implied to me. Ok, locks like my fixed dish on tuner A and motor on tuner B is the only viable solution. Thanks for you support. I will post my findings when I get the equipment set up.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, apologies from the description that's what it implied to me. Ok, looks like my fixed dish on tuner A and motor on tuner B is the only viable solution. Thanks for you support. I will post my findings when I get the equipment set up.

Title
    Thanks
    I would strongly recommend you add a diseqc switch to your setup and combine the fixed dish and motor. Your motorised dish won't need to go to 28.2 (both tuners will still have access to 28.2 though)

Are you doing this your self or paying someone else to do it for you?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I would strongly recommend you add a diseqc switch to your setup and combine the fixed dish and motor. Your motorised dish won't need to go to 28.2 (both tuners will still have access to 28.2 though)

Are you doing this your self or paying someone else to do it for you?
    Hi
    What is the function of this switch rather than connecting the dishes direct to the tuners as I have done before. I have used a splitter before to channel the signal to two different boxes without a problem but what is different about the diseqc switch?

I am doing the installtion myself as I have had no problems installing my fixed dish.

So do I need 2 Diseqc switches to connect both tuners? Perhaps a quick sketch would help.ae235CAAUQ34T.jpg
    Last edited by madaboutlotus; 07-01-14 at 09:25.

Title
    Thanks
    The reason why I recommend that you have the switch is that you wil have instant zapping for 28.2. Say you had the motorised dish at 7E, were watching something using the 28.2 dish. You then needed to use another tuner, recording, streaming etc..., without the switch the motor will have to move. With the diseqc switch, it will use the 28.2 dish on the "combined feed" tuner.

The sketch is in the thread to which I linked. You only need 1 diseqc switch unless you have a multi-lnb setup. Please have a look as a picture tells a million words.

You must use a diseqc switch. A normal splitter will not work. It is just the way it is I am afraid.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, I have downloaded the sketch in the link thanks. The sketch does show however 2 diseqc switches to connect both tuners as the switch only has one output.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast