Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AC3 Audio of Recorded Programme has Clicking Noises

Title
    Thanks

Question AC3 Audio of Recorded Programme has Clicking Noises

HERE is a clip. You can hear clicking sounds in the audio which only contains an AC3 stream. The 1080i video was recorded from a UK broadcast of BBC1. I noticed that when I copy the video from the VU+ to my PC and use MediaInfo on the TS file, it says 2 audio streams are in the file as follows.

• MP2 2 channel
    • AC3 2 channel

I can use the VideoRedo software to only play back the MP2 (via Tools, Select Stream) with the video and you don't hear any artifacts on the MP2, just AC3. You can observe the same thing on your VU+ by pressing the Audio button on your remote control and selecting MPEG instead of Dolby Digital.

Is this a bug or are there settings I can use to get AC3 recorded properly without those artifacts? Seems strange that I can get a picture with no image breakup yet the audio has issues?!

I found it a bit worrying that the MP2 stream sometimes had audio narration embedded and the file copied to my PC had the same problem. How can I get it without audio narration?

I'm using Black Hole 2.0.8. Does anyone have a pre-configured Vix image I could use that will read my Sly UK card without me needing to enter any cam settings?
    Last edited by SkyFan; 03-01-14 at 12:36.