Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tune Failed! Message

Title
    Thanks

Tune Failed! Message

Hi guys. I'm having this "Tune Failed!" message popping up on most but not all of my HD channels. My tuners are set to simple Single 28.2E Eutelsat & 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F no second one is the same. I got my box from World of Satellite few days age with vix image installed. Is there any easy fix/anything I can do? Please help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Run AutoBouquetMaker scan again
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

kielson (27-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Run AutoBouquetMaker scan again
    Solved. Thanks a lot.

But now my epg is messed up. Some channels are missing some got <n/a> displayed next to them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Run crossepg again, should sort out the problem.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Run crossepg
    How to run it? It's set up but there is no scan/run option.

Title
    Thanks
    I've downloaded epg again and still got the same problem..Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Went back to 793 build and I'm not having "n/a" channels any more but the initial problem came back. I'm having "Tune failed" message and I can't run ABM as I'm getting "Timeout for tuner lock" message. There is no signal on those missing channels, but there is good signal from tuner A on received channels, when checking tuner B on good channels it shows some signal (weaker then A) and after few moments it drop to 0. Please help as I'm slowly lousing hope.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you should just have to press blue button and run Cross EPG downloader ? Or go to Menu> Plugins> and cross epg should be listed , just go to it and press ok Your scan should then start

You have got your Open Tv providers just set to astra 2 on 28.2 ..?

I'd also be inclined to Use image manager, Download 808 vis the download button in "Image manager" which is in Menu> setup > vix

I'm currently running 808 on a solo 2 with no issues.. What other plugins have you installed?

Could your sat dish be slightly off ? I had the n/a on some channels before christmas after some high winds, Adjusted my dish and had no further issues ...?
    Last edited by craig37; 29-12-13 at 15:18.
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    P.s When I'm set on all channels I do still have some channels listing N/a but when I open them they are all DVB service channels, but they work ok How many channels do you think you have stating N/A..
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    Thanks
    As I said I don't have n/a channels any more. I also managed to run ABM but it didn't solve "tune failed" issue. We've got communal dish and it's working fine. Should there be equal/any signal in tuner B?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok. So there definitely there is a issue with one of the sticks in the wall, but should I have the tune failed message when one of the sockets is working fine?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Could I please get some support how to solve this issue? Atm my box is running on 1 feed. Most of the channels are working fine but still got "tune failed" mostly on HD channels like all sky sports HD, bt sport HD, espn HD, Sky1hd, sky living HD, sky Atlantic HD. Some HD channels are working good though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you are only using one feed, why are both tuners set to use a feed. For now disable the other one. Once issue is resolved, set it as loop through.

Title
    Thanks
    Auto bouquet maker scan does not change anything, latest vhannibal drivers are loaded. Build 793. Turner settings: simple /single /26 astra/eutelsat 28.2E / no
    SNR: 100%
    AGC: 82%
    BER: 0
    Lock: ticked

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you are only using one feed, why are both tuners set to use a feed. For now disable the other one. Once issue is resolved, set it as loop through.
    Done it tuner A as above
    Tune B "not configured".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast