Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell it to me....!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    That is possible indeed.
    But of course the success depends on the playback-capabilities of that device.
    Using e.g. a PC/Mac/SmartPhone there is no real problem.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

AJT
    I can stream duo2 to internet enabled tv in a different room.Its a bit of a pain to set up but works fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cool - that's what im looking for...! (is there a walkthrough anywhere?) - when you say stream does that mean the streamed channel your watching in the other room is independent of what the actual box is watching and does the stream require a free tuner...?

It just turned up so ive got it on my desk at work hooked to the LAN and on the outside world....its xmas so no ones doing much...time to play...ive not got it hooked up to a dish but I should be able to do the software...

Here we go....

Best image at the moment - Ive always used Vix on the duo but I don't mind trying anything else.....

As its brand new are there any firmware flashes that should be done before I get configuring....

Can I just pull the disc from the duo and stick it in without formatting? - wont loose my recordings then...

Picons - is there a new area or are they the same ones/type?
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 20-12-13 at 13:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Try the images, use the one you like. Pretty sure you will back to Vix.

Internal memory is best for picons.

Transferring HDD will not result in loss of recordings. There is nice tutorial on sharing HDD between receivers in guide section.

Streaming: depends on what transponder channel is on. In essence same principle as multiple recordings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where (on here) can I pick up the picons?

+ it looks like im going to have to run some more cables down the receiver from the roof!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Where (on here) can I pick up the picons?
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo....php?35-Picons

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Or Menu > plugins > Press green to download plugins > Picons.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers....not the old way then (putting them on a usb stick and ftp'ing them in!)

Next question: Can I go bigger than 2tb (id like to put a 4tb in) as use it for backup file storage now someone has at last put a gigbit line in on a receiver!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hey Sicilian - this is a bit off topic but I see that in your sig you've got the Ariva HD 102 mini in there - CCcam always freezes every few minutes or so....do you get that? if not then it must be me....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Hey Sicilian - this is a bit off topic but .....
    Then why not open a thread for your question
    Then it won't be off topic.....

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-12-13)

AJT
    Cool - that's what im looking for...! (is there a walkthrough anywhere?) - when you say stream does that mean the streamed channel your watching in the other room is independent of what the actual box is watching and does the stream require a free tuner...?

It just turned up so ive got it on my desk at work hooked to the LAN and on the outside world....its xmas so no ones doing much...time to play...ive not got it hooked up to a dish but I should be able to do the software...

Here we go....

Best image at the moment - Ive always used Vix on the duo but I don't mind trying anything else.....

As its brand new are there any firmware flashes that should be done before I get configuring....

Can I just pull the disc from the duo and stick it in without formatting? - wont loose my recordings then...

Picons - is there a new area or are they the same ones/type?
    Stick with vix image.I have tried every image available just to have a look etc.i alway come back to vix after a hour or so.its a great clean image super well maintained you can not go wrong.

as for streaming to another TV all i did was enable DNLA on the tv and it just found my box as they are both on the same network
    I have never needed to do anything with my hard drive.I have movies and recorded programmes on it and it worked fine on every image i flashed..even when i flash back to vix everything remains the same.When you install a new or different image do nothing with the hard drive and after install all will be good.
    Well it always has for me..Tried the new blackhole image today..set it all up watched a programme i had recorded while on vix then flashed back to vix..blackhole is not for me.
    Last edited by AJT; 20-12-13 at 23:38.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    As long as you NEVER initialize the hdd your programmes will be fine and move between images without any worries apart from setting the image up, Andy has even ,made that a sench in VIX with integrated backup for whole image or just the the settings.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

AJT
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    As long as you NEVER initialize the hdd your programmes will be fine and move between images without any worries apart from setting the image up, Andy has even ,made that a sench in VIX with integrated backup for whole image or just the the settings.
    yes and its fantastic and quick to restore back to vix less than 5 mins from another image and im done fully set up from where i left off. makes life so much easier.One of the reasons i stick with vix its such a uncomplicated and helpful image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Then why not open a thread for your question
    Then it won't be off topic.....
    Yeah - you got a good point there....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, had a nice lazy day yesterday - haven't been able to do that for the last 6 months or so - DIY/renovation work, people in hospital etc etc so I got to mess around with it a little....

Stuck the hard disc in - messed around with it a little but formatted in the end - would have been nice to keep the recordings but wasn't too worried... needed a reboot to get it working but that's all ok now.

Ive installed the vfd software (not sure how I did that - but its there) - is it configurable as ive seen screenshots on the net and while mines working and showing the picons ive seen better setups - ie a different arrangement of picons and text etc etc....

Anyway - its working - definitely a step up from the duo (not that there was anything wrong with it) its done sterling service in the last few years and has been a credit to the vix guys that supply the image. Its been retasked to my office. The plan is to mess around with that more now its not in the front room so I can learn how to do stuff on that and then transpose anything I learn to the duo 2 - that's now in the front room under the tv.

I must say I used to be a dreambox groupie - I still have a couple of 7025's, 600 and 800 - I almost went for a 7020HD but didn't due to mainly the VIX image on the duo and the support that it gets.

Thanks to all of you on this thread for the advice and help - I will be posting more but this initially gets me off the ground and running.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast