Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Which Catseye settings should I be using for fixed and motorised dish setup?

Title
    Thanks

Which Catseye settings should I be using for fixed and motorised dish setup?

When the installer fitted my motorised dish, he added some Catseye settings to my setup. I wasn't watching closely enough to spot which ones he chose from the settings list. Because he knew what he was doing, he did it pretty fast, and I just presumed that once in, they would remain working. Whilst browsing some of the satellites, some of the channels are showing up as having moved to other places, and I am not sure if this is something that a later set of settings would solve. I am just not sure which ones to install, to cater for my setup.

I have a twin dish setup. One is a Skydish, feeding my VU+ Uno Twin with one feed into Tuner B. The other is a motorised dish, which I can get from about 4.0W to about 53.0E... maybe a bit more eastwards. That runs into my Tuner A. I found some settings called "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 16.11.13", but I don't know if those would cause any problems. There doesn't seem to be anything matching that in the settings list in ViX, and that range is way beyond what I can get.

Having just got it set up, I obviously don't want to b*lls everything up, by carelessly copying incorrect settings over. So I am just looking for a bit of clarification as to what I should be looking for, with regards to choosing the correct settings file... if possible.

I used DreamboxEdit to get the current files from the receiver, and that gets me 339 userboquet.XXXX.tv files, which is way more than in the settings file I found.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, I have ABM setting up my Sky boquets, but the Catseye settings seem to create them as well.
    Last edited by LeeC22; 14-12-13 at 01:34.

Title
    Thanks
    I have just discovered, that in the existing "userbouquet.EE54.tv", it gives the name of the settings file used. Turns out it is using the ones I mentioned in the post above. Guess I should look more closely, before asking stupid questions.

Title
    Thanks
    At least such posts give us brain dead amateurs some more clues on the settings. Amazing what you can discover from another's questions.

Title
    Thanks
    Well after all the years I spent learning to programme in various languages with the help of others, and then teaching people art/programming & design, I have learned that information is useful to other people. I try to post verbose questions, and will always try to post any solutions I find myself.

The wheel has already been reinvented, no point in making every person invent their own I say.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Even if you had just a 28.2 fixed dish, you can still use a motorsied channel settings/bouquet list. You just won't be able to select the ones for which your tuner cannot use. Layout may not be best but still works.