Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Title
    Thanks

Just Wondering

I have a Gigablue Quad with 2 tuners I purchased at the beginning of June 2013. I was packed away for 2 months whilst I redecorated. I want to settle down with a set receiver so I can learn all the ins and outs of the setup. Thinking of getting a Duo 2 but depends on how much I would get for the Gigablue.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    6 month old.. So only 6 month warrenty left.. Although i have never had a problem with any od my Quads.. So not a big worry..

Any HDD in the Quad.. ??

Id value it at £180-190..

Title
    Thanks
    No hdd and thanks for the price. I will stick it on Gumtree and see if it sells at £185.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    6 month old.. So only 6 month warrenty left..
    I thought these boxes came with a two year warranty? When buying my quad that was one of the things that sold it for me. I've checked the sponsors website but can't find any info regarding warranty although other dealers are advertising two years.

Title
    Thanks
    I got mine from Red Apple and just checked it came with a 2 year warranty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emulated For This Useful Post:

seame (12-12-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    I thought these boxes came with a two year warranty? When buying my quad that was one of the things that sold it for me. I've checked the sponsors website but can't find any info regarding warranty although other dealers are advertising two years.
    In the UK you'r only entitled to 12 months warranty although that can be extended at the grace of the supplier, in Germany it's 24 months by law.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

seame (13-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Not if it is advertised for sale with a 2 year warranty otherwise I will contact Red Apple and tell them I was misled.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulated View Post
    Not if it is advertised for sale with a 2 year warranty otherwise I will contact Red Apple and tell them I was misled.
    As i said in the uk your only legally entitled to 12 months unless the retailer decides to extend this, they have advertised the fact that their providing 2 years so it is 2 years.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    As i said in the uk your only legally entitled to 12 months unless the retailer decides to extend this, they have advertised the fact that their providing 2 years so it is 2 years.
    Another thing to point out here is that once you the original owner sells the item, the retailer is no longer legally entitled to provide any warranty for the item, you can check with trading standards if you dont believe me.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I will contact the seller and see if the guarantee is transferable. If it is I will buy my new box from them because merchants who go beyond the norm are worth supporting, even if the price is a bit more.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    World-of-satellite.co.uk always goes above and beyond in support of his customers, I was just pointing out that some suppliers wont always honor a warranty if they dont have to.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm still not sure if world of satellite offer a one or two year warranty but it doesn't bother me either way as their service is top notch. I had a problem with my box which was my fault, so they were under no obligation to fix it, but they were more than helpful in sorting it out for me. So the next time I buy a box i'll be going straight to them.

Title
    Thanks
    I am not doubting what you are saying but if I am selling my Gigablue it is better if I can get the 2 year warranty transferred.

Title
    Thanks
    Has box just got any extra plug+play tuners or just the 2 satellite tuners

Title
    Thanks
    The 2 sat tuners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast