Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box reboots are driving me nuts

Title
    Thanks

Box reboots are driving me nuts

Hi guys.

Recently i had to reinstall my dish as the winds brought the dish down so i reistalled in a patio mount in the garden. Set the pole up all plumb, pointed to Thor 0.8w) (BBC world) tracked the arc all satellites 42e to 30w tracked fine. The receiver is been set as motorised (USUALS) and the lat and long details were taken from dishpointer. All of these worked fine until the box crashed and all gone pearshape. I know keep getting tune failed in all satellites. I have been outside to reset the motor and rechecked signal all seems ok with exception i get tune failed i left set on usal. If I use diseqc positioning via the receiver i can get to thor and some channels on nilesat but that is it.

I'm puzzled that all was working before the box crashed and restarted, It seems that the receivers tuner is messed up and not sending the correct usal signals to the motor.

This has happened to me in the past week as well and I had to disconnec the cable from the motor and connected it direcly to the lnb and receiver to retrack which worked straight away. Then reconnected to the receiver and all worked fine again until it the receiver crashed.

Please help this is driving me nuts!!!
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

"You don't know what you got till is gone."

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Assuming your using a ViX image you should have a crash log as a result of that crash, please upload that here.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    enigma2_crash_1386283207.log

Attached for your perusal.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Assuming your using a ViX image you should have a crash log as a result of that crash, please upload that here.
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    That's a TSMedia crash, nothing to do with the box.
    Code:
    Screen <class 'Plugins.Extensions.TSmedia.MovieOnline.channel_1.TSmovieSetup'>((), {}): <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 260, in create
        return screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/channel_1.py", line 1038, in __init__
        self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Sort by:'), config.plugins.tsmedia.sortorder))
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/config.py", line 1577, in __getattr__
    KeyError: 'sortorder'
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/channel_1.py", line 372, in showsettings
        self.session.openWithCallback(self.close, TSmovieSetup)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    That's a TSMedia crash, nothing to do with the box.
    Code:
    Screen <class 'Plugins.Extensions.TSmedia.MovieOnline.channel_1.TSmovieSetup'>((), {}): <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 260, in create
        return screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/channel_1.py", line 1038, in __init__
        self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Sort by:'), config.plugins.tsmedia.sortorder))
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/config.py", line 1577, in __getattr__
    KeyError: 'sortorder'
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/MovieOnline/channel_1.py", line 372, in showsettings
        self.session.openWithCallback(self.close, TSmovieSetup)
    Ok so TS media crashed the box and it restarted enigma but why is it that the tuner goes all messed up after a crash? i know the dish has not moved position and all was working fine before the it crashed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Did you save your settings & restart E2 before the crash?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry judge which settings are you referring too? Usals settings are still the same when i check tuner config and channel list still remains the same.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by has786 View Post
    Usals settings are still the same when i check tuner config and channel list still remains the same.
    no idea so, something dodgy in your setup?
    recheck all cabling....

Title
    Thanks
    I have check the cabling. I have installed a new wf125 cable from the receiver to the motor so there is no loss. This only happened when the box crashed which i find off. When this happened to me last week I unpluged all the cables and re connected them , re tuned the dish and all worked. I also restarted the box normally to make sure is ok with restarts and all seemed ok but goes mental when it crashes so it makes me think that it messes up the tuner somehow.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The TMs have circuit protection to prevent damage.

Did you problem start before or after changing the cabling? New does not always mean good, you have also to factor in the lnb.

Does receiver work fine using TSmedia with no coaxial cables connected? Does it work fine on another dish setup? (If possible to test.)

Title
    Thanks
    The problem was there before i changed the cabling. The only difference was that the dish is no longer over the guttering and it is smaller dish 80cm and is now in a patio mount in the garden and that the cable is about 8 metres longer the total lenght does not exceed 40m. TS media workes fine with or without coaxial cables connected. I have changed lnbs and the symptoms are the same. At this moment I have an inverto ultra black lnb and I have amended usals accordingly with the move from old position to new position.

I understand that the dish is now smaller but I was still getting all the usual channels before the box crashed. If I disable usals and use diseqc to move the motor i can still see thor, nilesat and hotbird but one thing for sure the signal level as decreased although AGC is still high as it was when i last tracked the dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Best way to find out for sure is to try on another hardware setup. If it does the same then you know it is the receiver.

With regards to settings, Judge was asking if you did a settings restore after flashing or if you just set everything from scratch.

Title
    Thanks
    abu I guess I need to get another box then, what i might do before buying another box is to put the big dish back up and see if that makes any difference.
    Did technomate release another image with fix on a tv tuner. was the fix for issues like this?
    Last edited by has786; 11-12-13 at 20:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Dish size won't make a difference. If there is a fault (excluding receiver), then it will be in the lnb, motor, cabling or f-plugs.

The fix was for USB terestrial TV tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm quite positive that the receiver is faulty because until it rebooted all was fine. I did not mentioned this earlier I even got a new motor TM2600 fitted just incase the old motor was going crazy but I can confirm it goes pearshape when the box reboots. I think it is still in under warranty so i can contact the manyfacturer i guess for a repair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast