Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cool epg Guide Sky Skins by fraggle121

fraggle121
    I think u will need to telnet the box and install it.
    try looking for software manager if your box has it press blue button.
    I don't have a solo box so I cant help to much with installing plugins on it..
    or wait for a little bit and someone might tell u how to install the plugin or whare to look..
    with my box I go to plugings software manager and then instal local file. but u need to ftp the file to tmp first if u rebooted the box the file will be deleted. i think think if u don't know how to install a plugin u should not continue or try reading up on how to install plugins on a solo2 with pli

as I say hopefully someone will tell u how to install it on your box

someone will tell u soon I hope its not hard to do it buy telnet but best u read up on how to do it first..

Title
    Thanks
    OK,
    I have installed using software manager and then removed the Cool Guide folder as you said and replaced with your file, then gone to the usr/share / enigma/ skins default, but then got stuck regarding the 4 buttons to be overwritten. Not quite sure what you mean. Thanks for your patience. Also do I need to download cool guide as well as your files
    regards

fraggle121
    ok don't worry about the buttons for now they aint important.
    now start the cool guide..
    on my box I press blue but on some other boxes u press and hold the epg button.
    do u see my skin.if yes while when cool tv guide is started press menu and and scroll down to Left Width for 60 Height change it to 180 now press green for cool and scroll down to Blue Button (Search) and change it to bouquetlist now press the red button to save it ...
    that's it all done.

let me know how u get on.
    if u want the buttons ill talk u through that after u have tested cool guide to see if its working.

u might have to restard the box if u cant get cool guide to start after u installed it

when u say u removed cool tv guide folder and replaced with my file u do meen u replace the folder with my cool tv guide folder.
    u did extract the fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files.rar to your desk top didn't u in ther u will see a cool tv guide folder just like the one u deleted that's what needs to be transferd

you install the ipk which is the cool tv guide
    then extract my fraggle files to your desck top then u just replace the cool tv guide folder on your box with the cool tv guide folder u extracted to your desk top.u will see it in the fraggle folder on your desck top,,
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 22:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Fraggle, rebooted but not working. Must have done something wrong

fraggle121
    did u extract the fraggle folder on your desk top.if you did extract it it will create a yellow folder called fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files
    inside that folder is the folder that u need to copy across its identical to the cool guide folder u deleted on your box.
    if u installed the ipk and u found u have have folder on your box called cool tv guide then u have installed it ok may be just a case of finding the right button on the remote to start the tv guide

if u deleted the cool tv guide folder on your box and u didn't replace it with my cool tv guide folder then cool tv wont work.

have u got WinRAR on your pc u need that to extract the fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files.rar
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 23:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Baffled now. Can't get it to work. Have reinstalled your file after extracting to desktop, and rebooted but no joy. Must be missing something. thanks for helping

fraggle121
    ok ftp the ipk to temp folder again then install it with software manager.
    when its installed
    then reboot your box

when box has booted up again then try to start cool tv guide if it starts it wont have my skin yet but lets just make sure its starts first before u start to add my skin..

let me know if it starts

don't delete anything just install the standard guide and test if its working.if it does then I will talk u through the next step

try holding the epg button for a long time see if that start cool guide
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 23:45.

Title
    Thanks
    Done that but not working, however when I go to my plugins screen it says that there is (Bad magic number in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Cool TV Guide init pyo) Any ideas

fraggle121
    make sure the cool tv guide folder is on on box it hasent been removed has it.ftp your box and go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ see if the cool tv guide folder is there..don't delete it
    ive read up and there are loads of vu solo pli images with cool tv guide already installed so I cant see any reason for this

if it is there and its not working may be best to go without it or download a image with cool tv guide installed already but that's hassle for u to do that just to get cool guide running..
    Last edited by fraggle121; 13-12-13 at 00:00.

Title
    Thanks
    yes M8 is definitely there. Do I have to change attributes The top three folders are 755 and all the rest are 644

fraggle121

cool

no if its there then its installed ok...

try installing this one its the latest version

if this one dosent work then im baffled

it might be because the one u installed is to old for the image u have

if this one works ill sort the files out for that...

there are 2 versions of cool tv guide the one u have already tried which is for older oe1.6 images
    and this one for later 2.0 images

ive just read up yours pli 4.0 is based on a oe 2.0 so this is the one u need
    Last edited by fraggle121; 13-12-13 at 00:26.

Title
    Thanks
    re installed got same message. Think I'll leave it for tonight and start from fresh in the morning. My brain aches

fraggle121
    me to sorry we didn't get it sorted

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fraggle121 For This Useful Post:

fast65 (13-12-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fast65 View Post
    (Bad magic number in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Cool TV Guide init pyo) Any ideas
    Usually means you installed the wrong python version.

fraggle121
    I cant work it out on cool tv guide website

Code:
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/
    there is only two versions and he has tried them both.may be try unistalling cool guide then reboot box then try reinstalling enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.4.0_mips32el.ipk on this page again.

if that does not work then u have 2 choices go without it or try installing a image which has cool tv guide installed..there are a lot of images with it already installed out there for your box.

it is a lot of work though putting a image on the box just to have cool tv guide u aint missing much it looks nice but that's all..

its up to you eather way I will try to help u the best I can..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast