Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Quad Twin Tuner almost sorted!!

Title
    Thanks

Cool Quad Twin Tuner almost sorted!!

Hi I'm new to the site and also new to the world of editable sat receivers, my previous experience being limited to a Humax Foxsat HDR.

However I'm pretty savvy when it comes to computer hardware and software ssues so have managed to sort a few problems I've had with my new Gigablue Quad.

Yesterday the box started to lose sound and picture intermittently and pretty much every few minutes.

I tried all the hardware bits such as checking reception through the sat dish and lnb by connecting with another sat receiver - all ok, checking HDMI cables by substituting one for another, connecting the Gigablue to another tv etc. The problem was definitely with the Gigablue Quad.

I received it new last week and it was working really well. I did a vix software upgrade to 3.0.789 through the LAN connection a couple of days ago and thinking about it that's when the problem began! So I downloaded the latest zip file and unzipped it to a FAT32 memory stick, did a flash through the front USB port and quess what - end of problem!!

So just for info purposes really if you have a Gigablue Quad and it has a similar problem with on-line updates just do the update through your USB port and it may sort the problem as it did with mine.

I live in the middle of the Atlantic on an island in the Azores so the issue with the update may have been caused through an internet problem.

Well I have the Quad all set up now but have one question to ask if someone can help please. How do I edit the tv channel list into some sort of sensible list?

Image is VIX, Enigma 2, used Filezilla for ftp and have access to OpenWebif.

Cheer all.
    Last edited by allanapp; 16-11-13 at 18:26.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    How buddy..

Can you tell us what satellites your wanting to view.. ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mr Mister, I get a really good reception from 28.2E here and have used a Humax Foxsat HDR for a couple of years pulling the signal through a 2.4mt dish, Invacom C120 lnb, usually 100% strength and 90% quality!

I have loads of freesat and other channels but just want to sort then into an easy to use/find configuration.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK.. If your only looking for 28.2 east.. Then you have 2 options..

You can us the ready made bouquets forum >>>HERE<<<

or..

you can use the AutoBouquetMaker that is already built into the Vix image..

That can be found : Menu > Set Up > Service Searching > AutoBouquetMaker

then basically just follow the onscreen instructions and that will be you up and running..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. I've used the built in AutoBouquetMaker so far but when Freesat and other tv channels are loaded there doesn't seem to be any way that I've found to edit or re-arrange the way they are listed.

I'll try the latest ready made one that you kindly made available. I've downloaded it but how would I unpack that into the Quad? Use 7zip and then through Filezilla??

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Use Dreambox Edit to chop and change what you want..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

allanapp (17-11-13)

Title
    Thanks
    OK thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

A