Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: picture problem

Title
    Thanks

picture problem

Hi,

My technomate started outputting intermittently the image below(see attachment).Had worked perfectly for the last 9 months the sound is perfect but the picture is like this on all channels.I am using HDMI changed the cable but no difference.Flashed the box to the latest vix image but problem returns after a few hours.The av setting are correct set to HDMI and tried at various resolutions.Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Kieran
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    just a guess but is it possible the receiver is overheating ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    To check the heat, Menu -> Information -> About
    To me, it looks like flakey HDMI connection though.
    Are you sure the cables are seated properly? Have you another HDMI input on the TV you can use?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply but i checked the temperature no variation and have the the fan running at over 900 rpm.The hdmi is fine on the tv as have a blueray player thats work fine on the same connection.Had the hdmi routed through a amp but connected it directly to the tv but no difference.

Regards

Kieran

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranj View Post
    Hi,

My technomate started outputting intermittently the image below(see attachment).Had worked perfectly for the last 9 months the sound is perfect but the picture is like this on all channels.I am using HDMI changed the cable but no difference.Flashed the box to the latest vix image but problem returns after a few hours.The av setting are correct set to HDMI and tried at various resolutions.Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Kieran
    hi,
    I had this problem. I also got a pink screen , no sound, sound but no picture and finally no picture or sound. i always had to change the av settings(sometimes by the display on the front of the box as i had no picture) from 1080 to any thing else and i'd get the picture and sound back. had to do this every day so I took the build version back to 750 and I've not had a problem since. hope this works for you. Rob.