Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Add New Zealand EPG

Title
    Thanks

Add New Zealand EPG

Greetings from NZ,

(first post) Thanks to this site I've managed to setup my new VU+ Ultimo (1xDVB-S; 2xDVB-T) with the latest OpenVIX image and MetrixHD skin - awesome!

However I'm stuck at trying to get a New Zealand epg into my box for the two DVB-T tuners, which show only the EIT epg (ie. now/next). In NZ Freeview HD is broadcast free over UHF (DVB-T) and broadcast only in SD over satellite (DVB-S) unless of course you have a Sky subscription. I gave up Sky long ago so will only be viewing free to air channels or Freeview.

So I have two questions:
    1. As my DVB-S tuner receives full 7-day epg, is there way to copy this to my DVB-T tuners?
    2. I can download a full 7-day NZ epg from this website "http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz". What is the best way to get this XML file into CrossEPG?

Thanks in advance,
    George

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    does it come with a Channels.gz file also ? as that is also required.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Yep, the site posted above downloads a file called "freeview.xml.gz" automatically. Uncompress this and it gives you a "freeview.xml" file, which has all the channels and epg data for the week.

Just getting this data into CrossEPG is my problem as I'm a Linux noob with zero python scripting ability.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpaitai View Post
    Yep, the site posted above downloads a file called "freeview.xml.gz" automatically. Uncompress this and it gives you a "freeview.xml" file, which has all the channels and epg data for the week.

Just getting this data into CrossEPG is my problem as I'm a Linux noob with zero python scripting ability.

no i mean, we need 2 files, one for data one for channels.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    My bad, I didn't understand the question. Sorry no, I don't have a "Channels.gz" file, where or how do I find this?

Would any of these local tools discussed here help?
    Code:
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=126

Title
    Thanks

Would these custom NZ xml files help?

Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    no i mean, we need 2 files, one for data one for channels.
    After googling around I think the file you actually need is a "Channels.conf" correct? Is there a way to generate this file from the box, something like a DVB-scan plugin or maybe a terminal command line??

Title
    Thanks
    Fortunately I managed to sort it by using custom files with the XMLTV-Importer plugin.

As this isn't the appropriate thread just PM me or google for "New Zealand EPG for vu+ ultimo".

Regards,
    George

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    why not just upload them here ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I have done so here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gpaitai For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (10-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Both my duo and solo2 just populated the 7 day EPG of the satellite u just use the channel + - to get the seven days