Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VU+duo2 transcoding capabilities

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    You mean using two different transcodings at the same time? I don't know that,

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You mean using two different transcodings at the same time? I don't know that,
    Thanks for your honest reply. Just to let you know that black hole team has that capability since 2.0.8 I think.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    BH (and VTi for that matter) can't be compared to ViX. They have an easy job, as they simply use VU's image and add some plugins and a skin.
    We have to figure out how VU's options work, how we can embed them and we quite often have to work around their (driver related) issues.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    it seems to work. I just watched one channel on TV, one transcoded on my PC and another one transcoded on my tablet. I cannot check with which settings as VLC on Android does not give me that information I think.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Transcoding works fine on Zeus.
    Personally speaking i wouldn't say its working fine when you have to use port 80 with no authentication, that's not fine by me but im sure its fine for others.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    OK, as you wish: then transcoding is not working fine for you. It is for me; why would a fixed port bother me? And web authentication only adds seeming, and no real security.

You can always want more then you get; anyway we can't change things as they are in the hands of the VU-driver devs.

A little bird told me that VU is about to launch an updated version of the transcoding facilities. Who knows what that will bring us.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

danivtec (03-04-14),finbarr (04-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, as you wish: then transcoding is not working fine for you. It is for me; why would a fixed port bother me? And web authentication only adds seeming, and no real security.

You can always want more then you get; anyway we can't change things as they are in the hands of the VU-driver devs.

A little bird told me that VU is about to launch an updated version of the transcoding facilities. Who knows what that will bring us.
    i hope my post didnt come across like i was being an arse cos that was not my intention, sometimes its hard to know how somebody is coming across just over text on a forum, i appreciate what you people do for the Vix image, basically offering a fantastic free service and i like many others truly appreciate the time and effort that goes into coding\building\testing each build of vix, i work for a software company and i know what can go into even a small update.

i also appreciate the issue is out of your hands as the issue is driver related, i think part of my issue is that there are options available that are useless for me as they dont work, port and authentication, personally i would like these options for my own reasons and i do not "expect" them or demand them, i just see it as a shame they don't work properly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avinitski View Post
    Personally speaking i wouldn't say its working fine when you have to use port 80 with no authentication, that's not fine by me but im sure its fine for others.
    Set up a VPN then. Opening port 80 isn't the only option...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123