Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Box stuck on starting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Box stuck on starting

hi tried updating by usb latest image. all went well and remove usb came on screen checked what build I was on but in information still said I was on 729 so tried again this time box is stuck and states starting on box screen tried all usb ports tried other usb sticks but doesn't work just states starting anyone got any ideas would be much appreciated,

Title
    Thanks
    Hi did you press the exit button repeatedly when you turned the box on after flashing was completed?
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

"You don't know what you got till is gone."

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi thanks for reply yes I did as I said it went fine but I was still on the old build according to information,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    haven't a clue what to do now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello Dougie,

I had a problem with the flash, mine partly did it and showed the new image and version info but it had not flashed completely.

Judge suggested using the HP format tool. Extract the image from the zip and put the whole folder onto the USB. That worked wonders for me, flashed within 2 minutes.

Please look for the HP format tool on the forum.

By the way, I have always understood that you should use the USB at the front of the unit, that's what I did on mine.

I hope it works for you.

Good luck

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Can you get into the alternate operating ssytem. Repeatedly Press Menu while booting?

Try to reflash the bootloader by RS232. It will need to be jtagged if you cannot flash. The recovery tool is in the Twin section if I remember correctly. Make sure you downlaod and use the 2T bootloader.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi sanjhere
    thanks for reply i used the format tool , put the whole update folder onto usb ,tried all 3 usb on unit still nothing , just says starting on front panel

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks abu
    I didn't want to press anything , as for reflashing the bootloader by rs232 ,that's sounds a bit complicated to me bear in mind im still quite new to all of this

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    If you have internal HDD, power off, disconnect the HDD and try booting again.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If you have internal HDD, power off, disconnect the HDD and try booting again.
    thanks Sicilian box came with internal hard drive, how do I disconnect hdd

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Disconnect power, unscrew lid, carefully disconnect SATA cable from motherboard.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello Dougie,

I am a newbie like you so Sicilian and others know a lot better than me but to state the obvious, I have to turn the power off to the unit via the rocker switch at the back, put the USB in, turn the unit on and keep pressing CH- to get the unit to read from the flash.

Do you need to press a button to get the unit to read you USB? I know I had a lesson in finding that out when I first reflashed a couple of years back.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    This is the exact flash procedure for the TM-2t and ViX images.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=G...20TM-2T-OE.pdf

depending on the image your currently using you may need to update the bootloader ( same procedure as flashing a image but do this first )

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-2T/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi sanjhere
    ive never pressed a button to get unit to read usb, do you mean keep pressing channel down button so that the unit will read the usb

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    as per the tutorial i created / quoted for the TM-2T

Preparation.
    1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658-tm2t_usb, you will see another folder named update, this is your image file. Copy the entire
    update folder directly to the USB stick.

Flashing the Receiver.
    – Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
    – Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
    – Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.

As your TM-2T-OE starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you
    to press the ok button, at this point you need to press the ok button on the front of the receiver to
    initiate the flash / update procedure..
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast