Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: lost output to second tv

Title
    Thanks

lost output to second tv

Hi all, I have lost the connection to my tv upstairs, the Uno is connected to the downstairs tv hdmi via a Yamaha amp and the upstairs tv is connected by a ten metre component cinch red, white, and yellow cable. The only thing I can think of, when I was out the other night, my nearest and dearest phoned in a panic to say that she had sat on the remote control an the tv went funny, with all the channel listings greyed out and no response from the remote. I told her to switch it off at the back and wait for a few moments before switching it on again. That fixed the box again and she was happy, but now no tv upstairs. the box has vix 748 build on it. I have searched here but can only find reference to no output at all. Thanks in advance.

Burnham
    I suggest you go into A/V settings and try the YBpPr option. Make sure you still have the HDMI output on your main TV, then check to see if video returns to the upstairs TV.

If that does not work you might have to reinstall an old firmware version from scratch.

Don't know why sitting on the remote would have made any difference. There are a lot of key entries needed to change these A/V settings.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Burnham For This Useful Post:

mackers (22-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    try updating. There was one build in the past which disable anlog output at least for my Solo2 or Duo2 perhaps is is the same with your Uno.

Caution: You cannot directly update to an image >=760 because of internal changes. Make backup, do a fresh installation and restore your plugins and settings with the FIW.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

mackers (22-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, Thanks for the replies, I tried the different outputs from the box, but no change. It does seem like the analog output has been disabled for some reason, it was working before the remote incident. the only thing I have done on the uno was update from 356 to 748 with telnet with a guide I found on here, but that was about 2 weeks ago and everything was working fine. To do a backup and fresh installation, I'm not to sure about, could you point in the right direction to a sticky on here?, as this box was set up for me by someone else, Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Going from 356 to 748 is quite a jump.
    Maybe best to do a fresh flash & set up from scratch? Build 762 currently available on http://openvix.co.uk
    Tutorials for flashing can also be found there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

mackers (23-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I have just reloaded 748 with backup manager and the output to the upstairs tv is now working. I think I shall read up on re-installing the image before I update after 760