Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GiGaBlue QUAD

AJT

GiGaBlue QUAD

Hi Been playing with this box today.As always very easy to set up.Not much of a choice of Good images out there i tried open mips 2 or 3 times but very unstable and did not like you changing the skins causing the need for a reinstall.I am now on my favourite VIX image and not much can be said about that except its as always a good solid image and works well with this box.
    The only difference performance wise from my vu+solo2 i have spotted is that it seems to take quite a while sometimes to Zap to PPV channels well it Zaps real quick but seems to take the softcam a age to do its stuff so i wonder if i have something wrong?or i can speed it up..when you change channel you get black screen for about 2-3 seconds..On FTA channels zapping is rapid no problem.LCD display is easy to set up with a choice of set skins downloadable from plugins and the image has 2 default skins/settings for LCD.The annoying red/blue/purple LED that alot of folks have complained (it is super bright) about can be set to what colour you want for each job standby/record/running/flashing etc and can be turned off entirely so no annoying LED.
    I am going to run it for another day and leave for 24-48 hours to see how it does heat wise as it has no fan....
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    power supply is external so no heat build up.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi AJT,

I have had my GigaBlue around 6 weeks, and whilst I do love the receiver (I sold my Vu Duo and bought the GigaBlue as a direct replacement), I too have been less than impressed by how long it takes for the softcam (CCCam in my case) to do it's stuff. I know direct comparisons are silly, but with the exact same setup (same cam and cfg file), my Vu Duo was much quicker!

GAH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Never an issue with my Quad zap speed. Could it be
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?t=32376
    I also have a Duo - if not above then maybe your configs are wrong?

Tapatalker

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same here never had a problem with the speed. Works like a charm.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD
    VU+ Ultimo 4k
    Samsung Qled 90R

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Personally I have had the same issue since I got the box, so I doubt there's any connection to the fresh flash required for Build 750. I an using the exact same cfg file I used in my Vu Duo, and I had no problem with it then, any reason I should have to change it because I have a Quad now?

GAH

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    No bud.. None what so ever.. All cfg should be exactly the same..

Are you using a softcam from openvix.co.uk.. ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mr Mister,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the exact same version of CCCam (2.1.3) and cfg file that I used in my Vu Duo which was indeed downloaded from Vix. Nothing at all in my set up has changed except for the actual receiver. I did expect zapping to be quicker with the Quad, but I can live with it.

GAH

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I got 2 Quads.. And although i dont use CCcam.. Both my Quads defo run faster than any Duo i ever had..

Are you getting lag.. When changing channel.. ??

I mean.. When your changing channels.. Are you actually seeing the info bar twice.. ??

If yes.. Then Change your Settings in : Menu > Set Up > System > AV Settings

Mine read like this :

HDMI
    No
    1080p
    Multi
    Just Scale
    Letterbox
    Yes
    off
    off

I had lagging during changing channels also.. and since i changed my settings to the above.. Its now all back to normal.. Nice fast channel change..

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mr Mister,

Thanks again for the reply.

Just checked my AV settings, exactly the same except I had "Just Scale" for 16:9 content, but I've now changed it "Letterbox". It didn't make any difference to my issue, but as I said, I can live with it. The only reason I mentioned it was because AJT mentioned it. I suppose it could be an issue with CCCam?

GAH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    reflash the gigablue from scratch with the latest openvix

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD
    VU+ Ultimo 4k
    Samsung Qled 90R

Title
    Thanks
    updated image this morning, Ccam is rock solid, was anything changed to enable this.

TIA