Hi Been playing with this box today.As always very easy to set up.Not much of a choice of Good images out there i tried open mips 2 or 3 times but very unstable and did not like you changing the skins causing the need for a reinstall.I am now on my favourite VIX image and not much can be said about that except its as always a good solid image and works well with this box.
The only difference performance wise from my vu+solo2 i have spotted is that it seems to take quite a while sometimes to Zap to PPV channels well it Zaps real quick but seems to take the softcam a age to do its stuff so i wonder if i have something wrong?or i can speed it up..when you change channel you get black screen for about 2-3 seconds..On FTA channels zapping is rapid no problem.LCD display is easy to set up with a choice of set skins downloadable from plugins and the image has 2 default skins/settings for LCD.The annoying red/blue/purple LED that alot of folks have complained (it is super bright) about can be set to what colour you want for each job standby/record/running/flashing etc and can be turned off entirely so no annoying LED.
I am going to run it for another day and leave for 24-48 hours to see how it does heat wise as it has no fan....
cheers