Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vix or Blackhole EPG Screenshot??

Title
    Thanks

Vix or Blackhole EPG Screenshot??

Hi, newbie here, about to purchase a Solo2 from WOS but can't decide what firmware to put on.
    Can somebody post a screenshot of both EPG's from VIX and Blackhole so I can compare.

Also, which one do people recommend for easier setup of cccam.cfg, newcamd.list and also IPTV features?

Thank you.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not what you asked for, but my advise: try ViX. Get used to it for a couple of weeks and rhen try several of the other images that are readily available. Only then make your final choice.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Not near a receiver to post a screenshot at present but ViX by far has the best EPG of any image bar none.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Here is the VIX one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    A screenshot is nice, but remember that the lay-out is very much dependant on the settings and skin used.
    So it's really the very best to try for yourself.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here are a couple from VIX. Personally, when I started I tried a few but always came back to VIX. There will be a natural incline to the first image you try if you use it for several days, as you'll easily get used to the features, especially VIX - just make sure that the first thing you learn is that image and settings backups are essential if you plan on flipping between images - these make the changes take minutes rather than an hour+
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382358972.860533.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382358999.546895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382359024.349302.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382359040.675663.jpg

The EPGs are highly configurable so as Rob says you can really only appreciate them once you have played around with them and tweaked them to your liking (though default is excellent) there are also many skins available direct from the feeds. Give Vix a go - it is worth it. Sorry don't have screenies of other images at the mo.

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    I've used blackhole for months and was quite happy with it.
    The standard epg is not to good, but you can add cooltvguide plugin and looks similar to vix epg.
    However just moved over to vix and it is very different to get used to but I would say easier to setup as main thing you will want such as transcoding, ondemand are either already installed or easily downloadable through image.
    I'm still getting used to vix but I prefer it so far.
    As said try both, and give a week or so to test out.
    I would install one, see how you find it, and make a backup(easy in both images) then install the other one and try that out, you can always go back easily then.

Title
    Thanks
    Just ordered my Solo2 and getting VIX on it to try first.
    Thank you for the screenshots and comments.

Title
    Thanks
    Your better off starting with stock image to check device is working correctly first, I got told that by blackhole admin.
    Must admit had mine preinstalled with blackhole, but was immediately out of date so had to reflash anyhow to get new features.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My two pennith worth, I'd like to try black hole, but as it doesn't support my other box I havnt bothered, got to keep it nice and simple for the ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    My two pennith worth, I'd like to try black hole, but as it doesn't support my other box I havnt bothered, got to keep it nice and simple for the ...
    Ye, forgot about that - wife and two kids here. Sat bug bit me when I got my first box - second box (GB Quad) was supported from the get-go by Vix - same image/settings are vital when there are more than one user.

Tapatalker

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have tried quite a few and IMHO Vix blows the rest out of the water. However I am sure others will say the same of other images....

AJT
    Quote Originally Posted by ashthekid View Post
    Hi, newbie here, about to purchase a Solo2 from WOS but can't decide what firmware to put on.
    Can somebody post a screenshot of both EPG's from VIX and Blackhole so I can compare.

Also, which one do people recommend for easier setup of cccam.cfg, newcamd.list and also IPTV features?

Thank you.
    After years of having enigma 2 boxes i was blown away with the Vix image.wish i had found it earlier..In my opinion its the most stable image i have ever used simple but powerful and stable and easy to set up...Runs like a dream on my solo2 super fast and the EPG is perfect and pre packaged within the image so no messing trying to install.. unlike some imageswhere the epg will crash your box. the EPG in vix is very stable and works great

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    Here are a couple from VIX. Personally, when I started I tried a few but always came back to VIX. There will be a natural incline to the first image you try if you use it for several days, as you'll easily get used to the features, especially VIX - just make sure that the first thing you learn is that image and settings backups are essential if you plan on flipping between images - these make the changes take minutes rather than an hour+
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382358972.860533.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382358999.546895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382359024.349302.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382359040.675663.jpg

The EPGs are highly configurable so as Rob says you can really only appreciate them once you have played around with them and tweaked them to your liking (though default is excellent) there are also many skins available direct from the feeds. Give Vix a go - it is worth it. Sorry don't have screenies of other images at the mo.

Tapatalker
    Hi Bubble I noticed on the screenshot that one of your channels says rescan required, how do you get that coming up?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's the name of the film

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hilly For This Useful Post:

YzMENTALzY (20-03-14)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast