Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ****** really need help - usb stick problems *******

Title
    Thanks

****** really need help - usb stick problems *******

Can anyone help me I'm really getting cheesed off trying to get my USB STICK to show up on my MaxDigital 1000

I'm not even sure if i have the right USB for this digi box.

I've searched everywhere and cant anything about how to fully setup the USB STICK for the digi box.

If it turns out the USB STICK is the wrong type for the MaxDigital 1000, then can anyone recommend the right USB STICK or even a external HDD drive so i can start to pause, record etc etc, cause up to now I can't do anything. The USB STICK doesnt even show up in the menu on the digi box.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Connect the USB stick and reboot. Hold down standby button on the remote and select Restart on TV. Once booted go to Menu > Setup > Hard disk to format.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Moved to the correct section.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Try formatting it to fat32 with this first.

Code:
    http://www.pcworld.com/product/946261/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html
    Then use the image it self to initialize the stick, although personally i would not recommend using a USB stick for timeshift / recordings.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

Code:
    Then use the image it self to initialize the stick, although personally i would not recommend using a USB stick for timeshift / recordings.
    On the forum too http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ve-Format-Tool
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

Code:
    so what would you recommend??

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Ideally for recording purposes you need a Hard drive.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    you mean an external hard drive, if so what in-particular, from ebay or argos if i do it correctly and have the right one then hopefully everything will be sort,

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have used 64GB play.com sub stick record. Found it more tgsn enough as this was on a crt telly but for HD it's nother enough.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    sorry to ask, I'd rather to help and advice from someone like yourself who knows what they are talking about.

is this the correct one http://www.play.com/Search.html?sear...pe=allproducts

also how do i use it, where does it go? sorry if im naive, but im not techno minded at all, is the a g

Title
    Thanks
    hi i have an octagon sf8 and that is similar. When you got the box did you ask for an image to be installed and can you say what image, ie it can be Vix, openaaf, openpli or what comes with box. A usb stick, iw what you linked to is only good for flashing images. what you need is an external usb powered HDD and it might be an idea to check if a powered usb HDD is better. do a google for this Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black. At the back fo the box there is a socket for an usb connection. So get HDD, it will come with a usb cable, power box back at the back, ie the rocker switch, plug in usb with hdd attached. pwoer on box and it should detect the hdd automaticaly. press record button on remote and it will say if hdd is ready or not.