Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Duo HMDI stopped working

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Duo HMDI stopped working

Hello folks I was wondering if you could help me please. I have two vu+ duo 's in the house for the last. 2.5 years never given me any real problems but the one in the bedroom has stopped giving any Hdmi signal all of a sudden.

I was off work the other day as we were having a new boiler fitted in the house. Anyway the electrician needed to do some work on the electrics for the boiler and so had to switch the electrics off from the mains a couple of times a day. I'm now thinking that this has somehow done something to the hdmi socket on the box as it's not giving a signal on the tv anymore (it was working fine in the morning before the electrician started to do his work).

I have tried all 3 hdmi sockets on the tv and no joy and also tried the hdmi cable from the ps3 and again no signal but the ps3 worked fine. I then tried a scart cable and the box is working so therefore there must be something wrong with the hdmi socket on the box? The box was purchased from reputable sellers (*********** based in Leicester). Is there anything anyone could recommend at all or will I have to give them a call to try and get it fixed? Looking at the hdmi socket on the outside it looks fine?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Ibby; 16-10-13 at 22:44.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
    I then tried a scart cable and the box is not working so therefore there must be something wrong with the hdmi socket on the box?
    ??? so, it's not working on SCART either?
    Maybe just try a fresh flash and see if it sorts it?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    ??? so, it's not working on SCART either?
    Maybe just try a fresh flash and see if it sorts it?

Sorry should say it is working with SCART

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sounds like a fried HDMI so.
    I'd still try a fresh flash, build 753 is currently available on http://openvix.co.uk

You can connect both scart & hdmi at the same time, so should be easy enough to find out after a fresh flash.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Sounds like a fried HDMI so.
    I'd still try a fresh flash, build 753 is currently available on http://openvix.co.uk

You can connect both scart & hdmi at the same time, so should be easy enough to find out after a fresh flash.
    If it is the hdmi that's gone is it a straight forward repair? Don't think I will be doing it myself as I'm a complete pleb when it comes to stuff like that! Should I then go back to where I purchased it from? It's probably out of warranty now I would imagine.

Will give it a reflash tomorrow and report back thanks for the help mate

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yeah, if it's a fried HDMI, I'd return to shop or see if a local electronics shop can do a repair.
    Worth a fresh flash first though, might save you a trip & a few £££.

Also, as you can still connect via scart, maybe take a screenshot of the A/V settings & upload it here.
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I have connected via scart and it works fine just the picture quality isn't all that. Will give the reflash a go as the socket itself looks fine the box might have got scrambled a bit due being turned on and off at the mains a few times due to the electrician working in the house

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You can also get a component to start converter which is supposed to be as good as hdmi. I used one earlier this year when hdmi went on my solo2.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello folks I was wondering if you could help me please. I have two vu+ duo 's in the house for the last. 2.5 years never given me any real problems but the one in the bedroom has stopped giving any Hdmi signal all of a sudden.

I was off work the other day as we were having a new boiler fitted in the house. Anyway the electrician needed to do some work on the electrics for the boiler and so had to switch the electrics off from the mains a couple of times a day. I'm now thinking that this has somehow done something to the hdmi socket on the box as it's not giving a signal on the tv anymore (it was working fine in the morning before the electrician started to do his work).

I have tried all 3 hdmi sockets on the tv and no joy and also tried the hdmi cable from the ps3 and again no signal but the ps3 worked fine. I then tried a scart cable and the box is working so therefore there must be something wrong with the hdmi socket on the box? The box was purchased from reputable sellers (*********** based in Leicester). Is there anything anyone could recommend at all or will I have to give them a call to try and get it fixed? Looking at the hdmi socket on the outside it looks fine?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    My box is getting on a bit and the HDMI had stop working, and I moved it around a bit at the back and it started. Of all the connections over the years, I found the HDMI connection has been the most troublesome, any weakness or equipment between them don't handshake, and it does not work. I had to switch equipment off / on usually the TV for it to connect. I now have a sequence, and switch the TV on last to overcome this.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    You can also get a component to start converter which is supposed to be as good as hdmi. I used one earlier this year when hdmi went on my solo2.

Sorry to be a pain but would you have a link to such a thing? Got home late from work tonight just can't be bothered to fiddle with the box tonight will do so tomorrow!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post

Right have just a fresh flash of the box (did not restore from backup) and it's clear the hdmi socket on the box doesn't work anymore (I tested the cable on the ps3 and it worked fine so no issues with that). I have the box working via scart but would appreciate some help on any other cables that could be used instead of hdmi in order to improve the picture quality as it isn't brilliant via scart!

Regarding repairing the box is it likely to be an expensive fix?

Thanks once again

Title
    Thanks
    Use Component To Connect To Your TV... It's The Green/Blue/Red Phono Sockets At The Back, And You'll Need To Send The Audio Through The Red And White Phono Connectors...

Here's One From Ebay That Has All 5 Connectors And Converts To HDMI For Your TV From £3.15 - £3.45(Depending On Length)...

Code:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-5-RCA-RGB-Audio-Video-AV-HD-1080p-Component-Cable-1M-1-2M-1-5M-1-8M-2M-/310563388289?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Right have just a fresh flash of the box (did not restore from backup) and it's clear the hdmi socket on the box doesn't work anymore (I tested the cable on the ps3 and it worked fine so no issues with that). I have the box working via scart but would appreciate some help on any other cables that could be used instead of hdmi in order to improve the picture quality as it isn't brilliant via scart!

Regarding repairing the box is it likely to be an expensive fix?

Thanks once again
    New motherboard, out of warranty gonne quite expensive, probably near enough price of new box.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    Use Component To Connect To Your TV... It's The Green/Blue/Red Phono Sockets At The Back, And You'll Need To Send The Audio Through The Red And White Phono Connectors...

Here's One From Ebay That Has All 5 Connectors And Converts To HDMI For Your TV From £3.15 - £3.45(Depending On Length)...

Code:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-5-RCA-RGB-Audio-Video-AV-HD-1080p-Component-Cable-1M-1-2M-1-5M-1-8M-2M-/310563388289?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
    Thanks mate will definitely be getting that cable as the pic quality isn't great with scart have been spoilt with HD!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks mate will definitely be getting that cable as the pic quality isn't great with scart have been spoilt with HD!
    One thing to check for you need to make sure the audio is on the right channel as I had to swap connectors on the one I bought

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast