Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: frozen

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, now i'm left back to square 1, don't know were to start as i had help before

Title
    Thanks
    Re-Flashed with 744 and used restore, all working again...

Title
    Thanks
    were do i find restore? must be a daft question then?
    Last edited by scouse645; 29-09-13 at 16:15.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You don't find restore, you will have it if using VIX either you or an online update made a settings backup. Normally HDD or USB.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    reflash and on reboot it will give you the option to restore settings...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, i did follow the option to restore, but it is stuck on booting99, what now?

Prioryman
    Ok downloaded openvix-3.0.744-vusolo2_usb.zip and just about to install again for the 4th time. It would appear that it offers and update and after installing that update the "blue screen" locks out so this time I'm not doing update. I have a new hard drive fitted so as out of the box state. Fingers crossed.

Title
    Thanks
    It was all going so well until the 745 update, bugger.
    Last edited by scouse645; 29-09-13 at 16:53.

Prioryman
    Now openvix-3.0.744-vusolo2_usb.zip seams fine ( but have not installed any addons ) but basic image. Now just about to allow the software to update as it is asking............. As I live 3 storeys up I'm not sure the Solo2 will survive the fall if it locks up again....................

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    If you were using the skin Magic-HD: that has a bug in build 746, causing a bootloop.
    Fixed in 747, will be build right now.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Prioryman
    Well, using standard skin was about to change to Magic-HD. So far perfect, but right now asking again to update image to 747, eveing though it is not showing any changes........ here we go!!!!!!

Prioryman
    Update:

Now on build 747 and all working. Reboot time is better ( wonder if there is any way to remove the boot33, 99 etc whlist it booting up from the screen ) in the coding as not sure why anyone wants to see that.

A few problems: If the hard drive is in fat32 format a swap file can be created of 256mb (I know the solo2 is fast, but may as well use it ) but no time shift can be done without converting to ext3 or 4. When this has been converted then there is no way to make a swap file on that hard drive. I have no crash logs to show this as it has not crashed yet.

Perhaps Andy can look at this as seams strange.

Title
    Thanks
    my box is now up to date after a reflash, all was fine before, i am unable to set it up as i am not yet competent enough to do it

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    Update:

Now on build 747 and all working. Reboot time is better ( wonder if there is any way to remove the boot33, 99 etc whlist it booting up from the screen ) in the coding as not sure why anyone wants to see that.

A few problems: If the hard drive is in fat32 format a swap file can be created of 256mb (I know the solo2 is fast, but may as well use it ) but no time shift can be done without converting to ext3 or 4. When this has been converted then there is no way to make a swap file on that hard drive. I have no crash logs to show this as it has not crashed yet.

Perhaps Andy can look at this as seams strange.
    All you will be doing by activating a swap file on the solo2 is purposely slowing the receiver down essentially handicapping it.

Also if you keep the HDD in the FAT32 format you will end up with probelms when your recordings go over 4GB in size as fat32 cant handle files larger than 4GB.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Prioryman
    Well I have used the "tut"

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ting+swap+file

and have to say that the box is rocking. The boot time is very fast the screen flies through the boot 3060 90 etc and the remote is as fast as the old VU Duo ( found that it was sluggish ). Now I know that because I have a fresh install it would be fast, but I can see the difference. The hard drive is ext 4 and the USB stick used for swap file is the same. I understand what your saying, but it works and I'm not sure why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast