Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internal fan help.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJT View Post

I just want the size/type or spec 2 pin or 3 of a fan that i can put in to the box that's all so i could see if i had one or go get one ready for my box arriving today....
    If you want a fan but the kit from the sponsor, fan is specific to the unit with correct 2pin plug to connect to motherboard and has been tested with fan control plugin. If you're not fitting a HDD why bother? Its not needed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I should think a standard 50mm low noise should be okay. You need to check the voltage on basic control. It is probable 12v or ask the specifications of the fan that is with a hard drive from a supplier.
    Its only a small fan, off top of my 3cm and I would not recommend fitting a 3rd party fan that has not been tested with variable speed fan control. Really dont see the point of this thread, fan is not needed without HDD, if it was TM would have had one factory fitted
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

AJT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Its only a small fan, off top of my 3cm and I would not recommend fitting a 3rd party fan that has not been tested with variable speed fan control. Really dont see the point of this thread, fan is not needed without HDD, if it was TM would have had one factory fitted
    Hi mate.please don't get me wrong but the point of the thread was for me to attain any information about the the correct specs of the fan used in this box so i could pre buy one ready to fit....Needed in the box or not in your opinion I want to fit one..I don't know why folks are making a big deal out of stuff...all i want is the fan size..never mind Many thanks for your info

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Hi mate.please don't get me wrong but the point of the thread was for me to attain any information about the the correct specs of the fan used in this box so i could pre buy one ready to fit....Needed in the box or not in your opinion I want to fit one..I don't know why folks are making a big deal out of stuff...all i want is the fan size..never mind Many thanks for your info
    Its not just about the size, the fan also need to be compatible with variable speed control and have correct fitting plug to fit to motherboard. If they're not compatible with variable speed they will burn out its been tested.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

AJT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Its not just about the size, the fan also need to be compatible with variable speed control and have correct fitting plug to fit to motherboard. If they're not compatible with variable speed they will burn out its been tested.
    precisely why i asked on here for advice.

AJT
    precisely why i asked on here for advice.
    For anyone else who may want to know this...
    The fan is 40mm x10mm.I have fitted a Fractal Design SILENT SERIES R2 40MM x 10mm

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJT For This Useful Post:

bcbulut (24-09-13),DaMacFunkin (13-10-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where did you get that from mate, i got the fitted one with the caddy and even on a few notches its noisy, it sounds like a rattle :-(

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ive purchased this fan:
    "The fan is 40mm x10mm.I have fitted a Fractal Design SILENT SERIES R2 40MM x 10mm"
    but it is 3 pin and the pin connector is 2 pin?? I need to replace the one provided, it is way to cheap and nasty and seems to sound worse the more you restrict the speed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers AJT finally got this sorted, so quiet I wasn't sure it was running lol.

vinceben
    Very pleased with my Nano ( from the sponsors ) but the fan is quite noisy. I do not have a hard drive or caddy installed, so would it be ok to turn the fan off via the Fan Control in the Menus.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    You could install the plugin FanControl2. I'm not sure if the box is compatible with that, but if it is you have a decent control. You can lower the speed and watch the temp in the web-if of the plugin.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

vinceben
    Going to leave it like it is for now, when I have more time I may turn fan off and keep a close eye on it. FanControl2 not compatible so not going to risk it. Thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12