Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juddering when recording

Title
    Thanks

Juddering when recording

Anybody help with this problem.
    I upgraded the the new vix software and now when a recording starts the station being watched judders and hicks till you go down/up a channel and back.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which image number, latest stable release is 739. Did you upgrade through remote or did you USB flash?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    we need to know the exact image build you are using ( latest build is of no help due to the frequency of releases ).

Menu> Information> About> to find this.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    It seems that I have old software not new thanks for the help I thought the software I down loads two days ago was the latest will see about the upgrade tomorrow . Thanks again for the replies..

Title
    Thanks
    This what I've got
    Kernel 3.5.3versions 3.0
    Build 338

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you need any help flashing the receiver etc just let us know and we will see what we can do to help.

I have a series of tutorials for the Technomate OE range of receivers that will help in this area.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Are there any images that do not have image stuttering problems or is this just normal? The stock and latest VIX images are unwatchable.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMike View Post
    The stock and latest VIX images are unwatchable.
    Not sure what image builds you are talking about.
    Currently using 742 here on a TMTwin & TM2T and have no problems with recordings.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

TheRealMike (20-09-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as judge says the current Build 742 with the latest kernel and drivers has no issues with recordings or juddering, I have this on 3 different TM-OE receivers and all are working great. ( Twin - 2T - Nano )

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I am running 729 from the start of this month.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Make a settings back-up so & flash the image from http://openvix.co.uk

You can restore the settings in the First Install Wizard & all should be fine.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am running 729 from the start of this month.
    Build 729 contains the old defective drivers, update to 740 and you will see the difference for your self.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Updated - I did a full reset and its pretty much as bad as before. SNR is 89% and BER is 0 so I don't think its a signal level problem. It stutters on live viewing, it does not appear to matter if it is recording or not. It starts off bad and improves over time. This is on BBC HD or SD from 28.8E.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Updated - I did a full reset and its pretty much as bad as before. SNR is 89% and BER is 0 so I don't think its a signal level problem. It stutters on live viewing, it does not appear to matter if it is recording or not. It starts off bad and improves over time. This is on BBC HD or SD from 28.8E.
    you need to do a reflash not a online update due to the kernel change.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I did a full reflash, rescan and everything - this image is certainly more stable. However, the remaining problem is limited to periodic glitching and is looking more like a tuner issue. I suspect either the LNB is faulty or in some way disagrees with this receiver. The same LNB/Dish was and still is fine when used with an earlier non-HD Technomate. Luckily I still have a Sky HD setup and its fine on that dish, so I am wondering if these new tuners are causing issues or just more sensitive to deviant LNBs. Its not just HD channels but also SD channels that work fine on the older RX but not on the TM-twin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast