Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big smiles are on the close horizon

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Big smiles are on the close horizon

I have been a TM-2T owner since around April, this was my first foray into linux boxes and "wow" what a learning curve. Not only learning all about linux boxes and Enigma but of course the long running driver problems that the 2T has had.

Since the new Kernel and Driver have been installed everything is going great. No lip sync issues , no recording problems, no stutter (so far no unexplained crashes).

It is also testament to the great support I have received on here from the likes of Rob Van der Does, Phoenix, the Judge, Mister Mister and everyone else who has helped me along the way.

My setup now looks like this: TM-2T upstairs on fixed 28.2, TM-2T downstairs on motorised dish. Plugins on both machines are OnDemand, TSMedia, IPTV list updater, EPG Translator and of course the excellent Remote Stream Channel Convert. An NFS share is setup on both machines to access each 300Gb external Hard drive.

The only thing I really need to learn about now is streaming to my phone outwith the house, that will come.

To everyone who is new to linux boxes and the TM-2T in particular all I can say is stick with it it may be a huge learning curve and be frustrating at times but onve you get that hang of it, it is powerful bit of equipment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcroberts For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-09-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I agree the TM 2T is a great little receiver, with good drivers i prefer the 2T over my duo every day of the week.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with everything that's been said above me. I was pretty close to selling mine but I'm glad I stuck with it because since the new update the box has been better than ever. As for streaming to your phone from outside your home network there are some great guides on here that are easy to follow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I previously slated this as I recommended it to a friend. I have spent a lot of time at his since the purchase - testing, updating and rolling back images and drivers. So far so good and it now seems stable - happy days.

However, for me the damage is done. Way, way, way too long to get the issues sorted so I will be steering clear of TM - for fear if something else went wrong it could take a year to fix - and will be spending my dough on other brands.

I can't jump with joy after the guts of a year in which basics didn't work, never mind proclaiming how good it is. TM brand is forever damaged in my mind.

Tapatalker

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    I previously slated this as I recommended it to a friend. I have spent a lot of time at his since the purchase - testing, updating and rolling back images and drivers. So far so good and it now seems stable - happy days.

However, for me the damage is done. Way, way, way too long to get the issues sorted so I will be steering clear of TM - for fear if something else went wrong it could take a year to fix - and will be spending my dough on other brands.

I can't jump with joy after the guts of a year in which basics didn't work, never mind proclaiming how good it is. TM brand is forever damaged in my mind.

Tapatalker

sadly a lot of people will agree with you and so do i to a certain extent, but after a lot of work and heated exchanges all around the TM-OE branded receivers are once again working nicely and hopefully it will stay that way this time.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    sadly a lot of people will agree with you and so do i to a certain extent, but after a lot of work and heated exchanges all around the TM-OE branded receivers are once again working nicely and hopefully it will stay that way this time.
    Yes, hopefully no more issues. And to echo the OP well done to you and the team. You guys have responded to users who mistook the issues as being part of the image with helpful consistency. Personally I would have been p*ssed off having to answer the same Qs over and over, some of them very heated, understandably because they expected a working device.

Well done VIX.

Tapatalker

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so is it just a case of udating the software update to get the new kernel and driver cause when I look at this, there is no updates for technomates , theres always updates for gigablue , vuo solos etc

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieduncan View Post
    so is it just a case of udating the software update to get the new kernel and driver cause when I look at this, there is no updates for technomates , theres always updates for gigablue , vuo solos etc
    I would do a reflash to build 735 directly rather than updating to reduce the risk of problems associated with the kernel updating online. you can make a full settings backup first then restore that once the new image is flashed.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    You guys have responded to users who mistook the issues as being part of the image with helpful consistency. Personally I would have been p*ssed off having to answer the same Qs over and over, some of them very heated, understandably because they expected a working device.

Well done VIX.

Tapatalker
    It can get a tad frustrating to say the least.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

pooface (12-09-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks phoenix much appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    nice to see tm have got there act together at last, lets hope they try and stay on top of it because it would be a crying shame if they lapse, its a mighty fine box when it works lol

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieduncan View Post
    Yeah I've never understood that either in the change logs

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Yeah I've never understood that either in the change logs

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs
    in the changelog search for iqon or technomate there both essentially the same thing.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/oe-git.log

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/e2-git.log

SIMPLES.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

dougieduncan (12-09-13),Jigsy99 (12-09-13),TK4|2|1 (12-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    in the changelog search for iqon or technomate there both essentially the same thing.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/oe-git.log

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/e2-git.log
    Will those links always point to most recent changelog?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes there the same links used in the image to display changelogs and updated as and when changes are made to the GIT.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-09-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast