Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
If you are using transcoding forward 8002 to your box. For normal streaming forward 8001 to your box. Make sure you use a static ip in your box or set your router to always use the same ip for the box if using dhcp.

It all works fine with dyndns
how to set the router to always use the same ip for the box if using dhcp ??

Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
Port forward 80 for webif. The other two are used for streaming and transcoding.
is webif a program i need to install on the laptop or what ??

Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
Some router won't let you forward port 80 so choose another port for webif to use and change it in the webif plugin menu. Also set a password on the box if you going to open ports to the internet
Quote Originally Posted by Alan Pee View Post
I finally got it to work. I just did a full reset of my router, reconfigured it and then forwarded port 80, 8001 and 8002 to duo2 ip address. With my dyndns address I was able to access and stream outside my network. It worked smoothly both on SD and HD channels with dreamdroid + VPlayer but had some stutter on vuplus player. My transcoding config is: Bitrate - 1.5mbits, Framerate: 25 fps on VIX Image. Very happy to get this sorted as its one of my main reasons for upgrading to duo2. Thanks guys for all your help.
can you explain in detail how did you did that ??
coz i got the same problem