Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Quad User!

Title
    Thanks

New Quad User!

Hi Guys,

Just sold my Vu Duo and now have a Quad. getting there with my set up (more or less want it working the same as the Vu Duo for the time being), but can anyone help me get my picons to appear on my LCD screen?

Thanks,
    GAH

EDIT - Ok now, managed to work it out! Ddidn't realize there was a skin option to include display picons!
    Last edited by GAH2402; 11-09-13 at 20:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Ok, had my Quad a couple of days now. So far it's working ok (not great), but I have to be honest and say I'm a little disappointed in the box so far. I have build 735 installed, and have it set up with an 80 Gb hdd installed and no extra plugins. Here are my observations so far!

Channel changing seems sluggish to me (including flicking between FTA channels), and the box has locked up twice for no reason and required a reboot.

My 1st real gripe is that I'm getting flashing red lines across the screen, especially noticable when the screen background is green or blue. To be fair, I put the HDMI output from the box through a splitter to two televisions, and yes the problem goes away if I connect the box directly to one tv, but I didn't have this issue with my Vu Duo and the same setup. I can only assume the HDMI output from the Quad isn't as good as the Vu Duo. The only way to get rid of the lines is to set the Video Output Mode to 576p, which I don't really want to do.

My 2nd real gripe is that the box seems to frequently stop moving my dish for no reason (it's a TD110 with a black twin Inverto on a Technomate 2600 motor), or it gets to the correct position and I get a "no sid in pat" error. However, after a 5 seconds, the picture appears. Again, I had no issues with my Vu Duo with this setup, so it can be a bit frustrating. I've checked my tuner stettings and they are correct, and I have them set the same as I did on my Duo.

I'll persevere with it for the time being, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

GAH
    Last edited by GAH2402; 13-09-13 at 10:06.

Title
    Thanks
    My 2nd real gripe is that the box seems to frequently stop moving my dish for no reason (it's a TD110 with a black twin Inverto on a Technomate 2600 motor), or it gets to the correct position and I get a "no sid in pat" error. However, after a 5 seconds, the picture appears. Again, I had no issues with my Vu Duo with this setup, so it can be a bit frustrating. I've checked my tuner stettings and they are correct, and I have them set the same as I did on my Duo.

This happened a few builds back. There was a bug where the sat positioner icon wasn't working and was supposed to be fixed. Since its been fixed the icon doesn't appear when zapping from the graphical epg screens. So what tends to happen is the dish moves but the box reports it can't find the channel straight away but the dish is still moving when this error occurs so the box is still controlling the dish motor ok.

It's not really a big problem as the dish still moves and gets the satellite and channels that you want its just more of an annoyance.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Dwarf,

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if that's the exact issue that I have, although I did see what you describe being reported in the forum. Again today I used the positioner controls to send the dish to 0, and when I then selected a channel on 28E the dish didn't move. I had to select a channel on another satellite, and then flick back to a channel on 28E for the dish to actually move.I am on the latest stable build (&35), but I'll keep an eye on things here.

GAH
    Last edited by GAH2402; 13-09-13 at 15:29.