Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: sundtek dvb-t/c usb -- vix driver

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    There is a great uninstaller built into Tunisiasat-Panel and you can remove folders after uninstalling plugins

latest version is Tunisiasat-Panel 3.5 and works on all E2 images

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...29-by-mFaraj57
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgc115 View Post
    How do you uninstall the vix dtt drivers without re-flashing with new image? I would like to try italysat plugin on my PS3 PlayTV Dual DTT tuner.
    What folder are these drivers held in?

Thanks jgc115
    I have just done exactly what you're wanting to do! I uninstalled the vix dtt driver for my hauppauge nova td. I went to menu>plugins>uninstall. This took a second or two to display all the plugins installed within my image. The plugins were listed under different headings... the particular dtt driver was under 'dvb'. Once I had uninstalled this driver, I took the precaution of doing a restart/boot before I then installed the italysat plugin and used it to install their version of the driver. After another reboot it was all sweet. These drivers do seem to hang in there better than the vix drivers. So we can thank givecredit for the tip and bobsilvio (italysat) for making the driver installation routine available to enigma2 machines.

OOps! PS3 Play TV!? Maybe I haven't read your post closely enough. Are you running vix on a PS3?

Maybe bassethound has a better idea of what you're asking.

My apologies

cheers
    Last edited by stick50jr; 04-09-11 at 14:48.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

givecredit (05-09-11),jgc115 (04-09-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stick50jr View Post

OOps! PS3 Play TV!? Maybe I haven't read your post closely enough. Are you running vix on a PS3?

Maybe bassethound has a better idea of what you're asking.

My apologies

cheers

Thanks for the information - No, I'm not using VIX on Play Station 3 but I am using the Play Station 3 TV DTT Dual Tuner (which I bought off ebay) on my VU+ Duo. It works on my duo, using the vix WinTV DTT drivers but unfortunately I'm getting a few hangs and tuner timeouts with the latest VIX image. So I'm going to try this italysat driver to see if sorts these intermittent problems.

I've been using PS3 TV tuner since Vix 2.1 where I had no issues at all but since updating to 2.2.100 I'm getting the odd hang.

Thanks a million and thanks to bassethound for the link!

- jgc115

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies for double post

- jgc115
    Last edited by jgc115; 04-09-11 at 16:35.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I got my Sundtek pro USB stick today, and have tried to hook it up to my vu+ duo. I seem to have the drivers and Sundtek control centre installed from the DVB section of the plugins list, and can start the tuner from the control centre, but that is also where my problems start. I still only see the two internal tuners in the tuner config menu, and if i try to restart the duo hangs with no output to my TV and "Starting..." on the LED display on the duo. If I unplug the USB connection and restart it again then it starts up as normal, but with the Sundtek connected the duo can't be turned on.

I'm trying to use it for a DVB-C signal.

It's possible that I have missed something obvious, but would appreciate any pointers

I have searched for Sundtek and DVBC on the forum but this is the only thread that appears to be relevant.

Thanks,

Andy

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I got my Sundtek pro USB stick today, and have tried to hook it up to my vu+ duo. I seem to have the drivers and Sundtek control centre installed from the DVB section of the plugins list, and can start the tuner from the control centre, but that is also where my problems start. I still only see the two internal tuners in the tuner config menu, and if i try to restart the duo hangs with no output to my TV and "Starting..." on the LED display on the duo. If I unplug the USB connection and restart it again then it starts up as normal, but with the Sundtek connected the duo can't be turned on.

It's possible that I have missed something obvious, but would appreciate any pointers

I have searched for Sundtek and DVBC on the forum but this is the only thread that appears to be relevant.

Thanks,

Andy

Title
    Thanks
    Ftp into box. If you installed driver correctly then there should be a sundtek folder in usr/script folder.
    If its there then telnet into box. Type cd /usr/script
    Press enter
    Now type DVB_C_Tuner_autostart.sh
    Press enter
    Reboot box and it will now be showing as tuner c in your service searching menu.
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by irishchris; 15-09-11 at 01:04.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

9. The Following User Says Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

Der_Andy_C (15-09-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply chris

I don't have a sundtek directory in usr\script and usr\scripts is empty. I uninstalled the driver from the plugin menu then reinstalled it, and noticed that there IS a directory \usr\sundtek

i tried moving the sundtek directory to \usr\script but then the control centre just said that thee driver wasn't present and i should reinstall it. I did this and the \usr\sundtek directory reappeared.

Assuming that the driver WAS installed i logged in via telnet as you suggested, but when i tried to run DVB_C_Tuner_autostart.sh as you said it replied that this was not found despite my being able to see it in the FTP folder.

I have also noticed that whenever I have the USB adapter connected and try to start it from the sundtek control centre, the audio stops playing and I need to restart in order to get it back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Title
    Thanks
    sorry about the double posts

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure what i done, but the tuner is showing up now

It says there is nothing to scan though... more fudging ahead methinks!

Title
    Thanks
    I can scan DVB-T frequencies, although as there is no DVB-T signal where I live this unsurprisingly brings nothing. I can't scan DVB-C though. I have edited the tuner settings to be as inclusive as possible, but each time it tells me there is nothing there to scan.

from looking at the sundtek website / forum I saw that this has been an issue with network IDs, and that it is an issue with the Enigma2 settings.

Any ideas on how to get the duo to scan everything on DVB-C and then let me pick what I want?

I will check again tonight, but I have already had a DVB-C compliant TV scan the spectrum and tune in automatically so it can't be impossible!

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    did you go into system/service searching/tuner coniguration and press ok on tuner C. select the cable that is applicable to you. then reboot. now run automatic scan. if still having problems double check the cable connection into your sundtek tuner
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry posted twice by mistake
    Last edited by Alanp; 16-09-11 at 09:39. Reason: Double Post
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Andy_C View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,

Andy
    I had similar problems using the sundtek control center to download the driver for the DVB S2 stick. Try downloading the driver from sundtek then installing via telnet this worked for me good luck
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Thanks
    I finally got it sorted, thanks for the suggestions. I think I know now what the problem was;

There were 2 stages to the problem, the sundtek driver, and tuning.

When I was installing the driver it was trying to create some folder locations that already existed, and so was throwing up error messages. When i saw the error messages I assumed that the installation had failed so pressed OK on the remote which aborted the running of the driver installation script. When I tried it later I set it running then went off to do something else which gave it the time to go through the rest of the script and install the complete driver. This got Tuner C up in the tuner config box.

The next stage of the problem was with the tuning. (As far as I'm aware) I tried every possible combination of setup options for the DVB-C signal, but was unable to do an automatic scan. Every time I tried to get it to scan it said that there was nothing to scan. Some serious googling pulled up a few other people on other forums (notably the Sundtek forum), who had been having the same issue. According to Sundtek the scanning is an Enigma2 issue, and nothing to do with the Sundtek driver. I did find however that I could scan single transponders on the DVB-C band, however not knowing which transponders my cable provider uses didn't help much. I ended up taking my Samsung monitor (with integrated DVB-C tuner) out of my home office and doing an auto scan, then pulling the transponder info off there. Once I had this info I could simply do the scans on the Vu+, and put the channels into my bouquets with DBedit. A bit of a workaround, but now that it's setup I don't have to do it again. It would be good though if in the future a full-band automatic scan would be possible of the DVB-C band.

As a side note - if you are in the same situation ie only able to scan a single DVB-C transponder and don't have a compatible TV, it is possible to do it with a piece of software called TransEdit on a PC. It seems to take AGES to go through all the options, but would at least allow you to discover where the channels you want are in order to scan those specific transponders with the Vu+

Once again - thanks for the pointers, I'm not sure I could have got it completely working on my own

Andy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Der_Andy_C For This Useful Post:

FuManchu (17-09-11)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456