Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: web browser plugin

Title
    Thanks

web browser plugin

hi guys
    i have a nas box( which also has a web server running on it) with movies and my tv connected to the venton isnt a smart tv ( no usb port so cant watch movies). is there anyway i can install web browser plugin on the venton and then browse the files on my nas box and watch it via the venton? i tried downloading the vlc player plugin but that doesnt seem to work.

thanks

SC

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Can't you mount the NAS HDD on your venton & then use the built in media player to view the files.

Title
    Thanks
    judge - good point - i guess thats one way - the q is can i mount 2 HDD's on the venton?- one for recording and the other where all my movies are stored?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    you can mount 10 if you like:-) I have 5 from my NAS and 2 from other STBs mounted.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Trial
    the HDD is NTFS, does this make a difference? Once I've mounted the hDD inside the venton, how do i access the files? do you have a guide to follow or some instructions?

thanks
    SC

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    if you connect the HDD for recording directly to the STB NTFS is not the best choice because it is rather slow. I would use a separate HDD only for recording at the STB and initialize it with the STB.

For playback NTFS is Ok but recording to NTFS might cause problems.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Trial, yes for recording i already have a drive which was initialised by the STB - the NTFS HDD is seperate and that will not store recordings ONLY ALL my movie collections - How can I browse the 2nd HDD from within the STB is what Im asking and what plugin do I use to watch the movies (avi, mp4, mkv)

thanks