Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TM-2T Suttering issues on VIX 726

Title
    Thanks

TM-2T Suttering issues on VIX 726

Dont know if anyone can help, i recently purchased a tm-t2 to test.

I have installed VIX 726 image, the picture quality is generally great but i have noticed a a slight stutter thats thats on HD channels after about 5 mins.

One other issue when i reboot the box, the sound comes on but the picture is blank, if you press the channel up, epg, menu any button that opens a menu the picture comes back.

please advise what can be done

thanks
    diviesh

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have a read through some of the other theads in this forum...
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...-TM-2T-OE-Talk

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Both are known issues with the hardware drivers as supplied by Technomate, were currently working with TM and hope to soon have suitable drivers to fix these and other issues.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Pheonix, how soon are we expected to be able to receive the new kernel and drivers and how is testing going?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    Pheonix, how soon are we expected to be able to receive the new kernel and drivers and how is testing going?
    no idea mate, testing overall went well although their solution was to hack the kernel rather than fix the issues in the drivers them selves, rite now were waiting for them to get back to us, so were in limbo for the time being awaiting a reply.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

avinitski (28-08-13),hullfc27 (04-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, thanks for the update. Typical of TM when it comes to linux (from what I've heard).

The TM-2T is now up on e-bay :-)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

The TM-2T is now up on e-bay :-)
    shame because with good drivers it's a better receiver than my duo all day long, but i can see where your coming from and rite now it's just not stable enough to be used as a main family receiver.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, a shame indeed but this is what TM deserve, useless gits.

I'm not necessarily going to go for the DUO, rather just a stable and well supported twin tuner SR around the £250 mark which supports an internal hard drive (as I bought one quite recently). The DUO is the only suitable one I have found so far.

By the way, is the VU+DUO stable in terms of viewing/recording/streaming? Thanks for your insight...
    Last edited by kanwar; 29-08-13 at 01:30.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, a shame indeed but this is what TM deserve, useless gits.

Is the VU+DUO stable in terms of viewing/recording/streaming? Thanks for your insight...
    yes the Duo is a good box but showing signs of it's age now and it also suffers from the infamous memory leak ( not all but some ). have a word with the sponsor he may be able to suggest a suitable box for your needs. I have heard good things about the venton receivers although i have not used one my self.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    What do you mean by 'the sponsor', my friend?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    By the sponsor i mean

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/me...atellite-co-uk

he owns the shop that sponsors this forum. www.world-of-satellite.co.uk he's a really good guy and unlike a lot of others he's not out just to make money, he may be able to recommend a good alternative receiver for your needs.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Aha, I see, thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies - also noticed the lips are out of sync very slightly when watching - generally on most of the channels.

any advise on how to resolve that?

thanks in advance

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    To resolve lip sync, I restart the box long hold on standby button and choose restart, not restart enigma. This works for me every time and can go a good couple of days without losing lip sync.

I tend to to find that I commonly lose lip sync after I have done an online activity with the box like listening to a radio stream or watching a movie

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcroberts View Post
    To resolve lip sync, I restart the box long hold on standby button and choose restart, not restart enigma. This works for me every time and can go a good couple of days without losing lip sync.

I tend to to find that I commonly lose lip sync after I have done an online activity with the box like listening to a radio stream or watching a movie
    Same here.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast