Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st setup TM 2T

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Describe what your dish/lnb setup is. ( include how many ports, any diseq switches any other devices, how many cables, in which port they are connected to in the receiver).

Then describe what the tuner configuration is for dish input A. (Not the same as Diseqc port A)
    Then describe what the tuner configuration is for dish input B. (Not the same as Diseqc port B)

Title
    Thanks
    I have a Visiosat dish with 2 twin head LNBs. One feeds my Orange setup on 19E and the other feeds in 28E to my new Technomate TM2T OE. One twin head has 4 coaxial cables coming out; I think this is the 19E Orange one (I am in France). The second twin head LNB has 3 coaxial cables coming out. They all go to a switcher behind the dish and then come into the house on 2 ways. A coaxial cable goes to two different sat receivers, to an Orange Livebox decoder and to a Technomate. There is a 3rd head, a single head, an old one I never upgraded, and it used to give me Hotbird 13E. It's been disabled as far as I know.

I have an ethernet network in the house. There are coaxial cables that go from the outside dish with its LNB heads, and instead of coming into the house where they do for the decoders/receivers, they are diverted into some larger cables that lead them to another room. I use one for an internet based music system. I intend to use the ethernet switch right next to that one to set up another TV with 28E channels, hopefully.

On my old Technomate 1500CI+, the system was set up to use a diseq for three satellites, 19E, 28E and 13E (until that was disabled). Never had a problem with it, everything was automatic when I switched channels. I am using the exact same coaxial on my new technomate as I used on my old one.

Right now, I have set up both dish port A and dish port B to 28E. I did a channel search and get a bunch of providers, but only a handful of channels are able to be watched. These are NetMed, Globecast and some othre small providers. It is nothing like what I got on my old technomate. Free t air, all. I have not been able to search freesat as the timer tunes out "Timeout for tuner locked"is what I see. ABM has not worked.

I flashed the box today, no joy! Nothin new happened. If I could start all over, it might be nice. I would like to be able to delete what shows up to give the NetMed stuff. Shows as 19E.
    Last edited by moonbeam; 22-08-13 at 17:02.

Title
    Thanks
    I am struggling to understand your setup. (2 x twin head means 4 lnbs?) Hopefully some else will understand better and afford you a better response. Can you keep any responses specifc to the wires going to the TM for the time being.

How many satellite cables have you got going to the TM? One of them must be set as Diseqc with you populating each port as per your setup. If there is no second cable from another switch, then it should be (For time being, until you can view chanels properly, be set as not configured. Afterwards you can set as loop through or better still run another cable including a switch)

Picture attached is what a basic diseqc setup on one dish input looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I have set up the TM with just one sat cable, then tried with two sat cables. When I tried to download channels while using two sat cables, I was able to download all the 19E channels. However, only a handful of them are actually viewable. It seems to me I need a card to watch the channels. I can't do that, because I am using that card in my Orange decoder. I am not able to view even the 'free' channels in France, I am only able to view channels that don't interest me...just a handful of channels are actually viewable.

At any rate, I want to watch UK Freeview channels on 28E! I want to get around the geolock using the Ondemand plugin.

During setup, I seem to be stuck on Tuner A. I have never been able to downlaod 28E onto Tuner B. Or Tuner A when I tried to setup only 28E on both Tuners A and B.

Sorry for any confusion. Believe me, it's worse for me, lol. Not really joking. I don't know what it is I am doing wrong. ABM has never kicked in, which is why I went to manual scan.

My setup is not too different from your illustration, except I don't have several dishes, I have several LNBs. I said they are twin head, but I think they are actually quadruple headed, with one unused slot each. Each picks up 19E and 28E and maybe 25E gets mixed with 28E. One cable is dedicated to some outlets in a second room (near my secon ethernet connections). So, there is a 4th outlet I could use, but probably won't.
    Last edited by moonbeam; 23-08-13 at 14:31.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The Ondemand plugin has nothing to do with tuner configuration, it needs internet access to work.
    Have you a dish able to point to 28.2E?

Title
    Thanks
    I have a dish that is pointed to pick up 28E and 19E, yes, and have for years. It's not motorised.
    Last edited by moonbeam; 23-08-13 at 14:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Best thing to do is trace and label your cables.

Software config must match hardware config.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12