Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st setup TM 2T

Title
    Thanks

1st setup TM 2T

Hello. I bought a TM 2T several months ago. I bought it from WoS and it came with the latest Vix image installed. I was interested in setting up this receiver using my Mac and iDreamX, but I haven't gotten too far with that. I would prefer to use my Windows computer and the regular USB flash and forget about iDreamX. I am a little confused now, though. Since I have the Vix image already on the box, what do I need to flash exactly? I need the channel list, that's all, I think... Can someone direct me to where to start?

I have the pdf of flashing the TM 2T and also the New Box Set Up Guide. I have Notepad++, Filezilla and 7Zip. I have the formatted USB stick. What now? If the Vix image is already on there, what do I need to do to get the receiver working?

Sorry if this is too simple a question...

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Ehiv

Which satellite?
    If only 28.2E. Then use the the built in autobouquet maker. It's in services.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, I am in 19.2E Astra whether or not I am using LNB1 or LNB2. I want to use this TM 2T for 28E UK channels. Maybe when I tried to set up with iDreamX, I got stuck in 19E on this TM. In fact, I am stuck in STAR NetMed, and I want to get out of that. Must have been something that got into my settings from when I set up the TM 2T with iDreamX. Most likely the iDreamX settings are 19E. How do I dump that and get into 28E?

How do I get out of 19E and into 28E? I had to take away my trusty old TM 1500 CI+ today, as the remote no longer is usable. That was set to 28E UK channels.

I have an Orange Livebox that is set to HDMI1 on my TV. It has its own satellite cable from my fixed dish with 4 double heads. My old TM had its own sat cable set to 28E. I am using that to connect my new box, but unfortunately the Vix settings show Star Netmed and 19E.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    First of all, what build are you currently using? Menu -> Information -> About
    Also, how are your tuners set-up? Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration

Title
    Thanks
    Tuner A is at 19 and Tuner B is definitely at 28. Should they both be the same? Seen in Tuner Config.

Build is 679.

The date and time is wrong. I'd like to fix that, in case that corrects other, general info.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'd usually advise to update to latest image available on http://openvix.co.uk but as it's a TM, i'd stick with your current build for now.
    What are you trying to do, do you want both sats on the box or just 28.2E?

Title
    Thanks
    I would like both sats for free to air TV. Could I add all the providers, start the scan and see what happens?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You could try a premade set of channel lists, look in the E2 settings section.
    Or try the inbuilt ABM, not sure what providers it has for 19E though?

Title
    Thanks
    I am having lots of problems. The inbuilt ABM doesn't do anything. I get no channels. 19E gets some channels, like Star...nothing like what it should be getting. 28E shows that it has been scanned but has found 0 channels! I think the configuration is faulty, maybe because I 1st stated it up through iDreamX with someone else's preferences. Dunno really.

Maybe both my tuners should be at 28E if I want to watch those channels and record them?? Will have to try again in the morning. Hope some of you guys will be around then .

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    "someone else's preferences"?
    TBH, I'd just re-flash & start from scratch.

Title
    Thanks
    I hope to have time in the morning to do that. By the way, I have been looking for the bootloader. Do you have a link for that?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Bootloaders can be found here.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

but make certain your downloading the correct one for your box as using the wrong one is the easiest way to kill a receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, Phoenix. I see there are two similar TM names. One is TM-2T (this should be right) but the bootloader download says -CFE- after, so TM2T-CFE then a string of numbers. My TM2T is TM2T-OE. Is this the correct bootloader? What does CFE signify?

The other bootloader is TM-TWIN-OE. I think this is an older model TM.

Just want to be sure.

Title
    Thanks
    I have both my coaxial cables plugged into the back of the tm2t now. LNB1 is using the 19e LNB. Normally, this is plugged into my French Orange decoder sat receiver. I was able to scan into this tuner lots of 19E channels, some of which I can watch! I can't seem to get the tm2t to change to LNB2 for 28E. Is there a disecq setting I need to do? My dish is fixed. I have one lnb for 19E and another for 28. Two separate cables coming into the house.

So far, I can't get ABM to work. What do I need to do to download the 28E channels onto the box? I have had Timeout for Tuner lock so many times, it's sad. I don't know how to configure around that. Can you help?

Title
    Thanks
    I have not reflashed the tm2t yet, but have managed to download Ondemand. I am getting 28E no problem with Ondemand, am watching Eastenders right now, lol. Otherwise, I can'not seem to get 28E to downlaod channels onto tuner A or Tuner B. No matter what I do, I only am able to scan 19E channels into it. Have so far tried to get Disecq 1 on tuner B, but no changes ever kick in! Why not? What basic thing is all wrong here? I need my coaxial cable on my Orange decoder, so I am wondering if I should just try to get 28E on each tuner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast