Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Presetting for recording programs ?

Title
    Thanks

Presetting for recording programs ?

Okay, quick question for you savvy guys ***
    Am still debating which way to go with my next purchase. I currently have 2 x DM800HD SE boxes, which are running ok, but my appetite has been wetted by the look & specs of the Gigablue Quad and the Vu+ Duo.
    One of the main concerns I have with my current boxes, is that I can't preset to record my favourite tv programs (I have to press the record button just as the program begins, a real pain). Also of course, I can't rewind live tv. It will pause ok, but doesn't rewind.
    Will the Quad or the Vu+ satisfy my needs in this fashion ?
    Look forward to your comments

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    concerning your recording of your favorite program there you must be doing something wrong even on your DMM. Each E2 box can be programmed through the EPG and with the help of the plugin autotimer and EPG refresh/cross EPG you can generate rules that generate record timer automatically. So with auto timer you can for instance generate a rule to record every episode of "Death in Paradise" regardless where and when it is shown.

Also for all E2 STBs there is a plugin called auto time shift and time shift automatically starts when the box boots and when you switch channel so you can rewind to the point where you switched to the current channel.

State of the art at the moment are VU+ DUO2 (2 is important), VU+ Solo2 and GigaBlue Quad. VUs have the advantage of transcoding and GigaBit network whereas the GigaBlue is a quad tuner STB for a reasonable price.

Most of your wishes can be reached even with your 800se but the above boxes are a lot faster and have more flash/memory.

ciao
    Last edited by Trial; 18-08-13 at 08:35.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

doeflax (18-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanx Trial. Mmmm, got me thinking now. Having said that, never had too much luck with plugins, but will do a little more research. Will post back with my findings. Thankyou again for your input

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    the old DMM STBs are a bit short of memory and flash. Perhaps you should read a bit about using a USB stick as flash and memory expander.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard