Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recording stutter (HD)!

Title
    Thanks
    The problem occurs with both the 4d image and VIX 683. 4D image did not produce this problem before which makes it more puzzling.

The hard drive was bought new from ebuyer a few months ago. I don't think that is the cause of the problem.

Perhaps one of the tuners has gone faulty on the box? How can I test this?

Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    Internal. 750gb seagate hard drive.

This problem didn't seem to exist before. It was ok since 2am yesterday but is playing up again now. Very annoying.
    Yeah, very annoying...
    However we're currently extensively testing a new kernel & driver & they're looking pretty good.
    Hopefully we can get them in an image soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update, judge. Does anyone else have this problem?

It seems to work ok at times and then not. I'm now recording BBC2HD and watching skysportsashesHD and watching the latter is fine. If I record skysportsnews for example, SSAHD becomes unwatchable?!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update, judge. Does anyone else have this problem?

It seems to work ok at times and then not. I'm now recording BBC2HD and watching skysportsashesHD and watching the latter is fine. If I record skysportsnews for example, SSAHD becomes unwatchable?!
    I was testing some beginning of June drivers and I came across this issue. Everything was fine including timer recordings during the day then I would get this issue on a few channels from 9pm at night. A reboot would not fix this issue and it would last a few hours before going back to normal which was strange.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhan View Post
    I was testing some beginning of June drivers and I came across this issue. Everything was fine including timer recordings during the day then I would get this issue on a few channels from 9pm at night. A reboot would not fix this issue and it would last a few hours before going back to normal which was strange.
    Yep, exact same issue mate! How does one fix it?

Any further update on the drivers, anyone?

Title
    Thanks
    Yep, exact same issue mate! How does one fix it?

Any further update on the drivers, anyone?

As a TM2T user I have rolled back to a earlier VIX image due to a few problems regarding recordings and stuttering on HD channels. If I remember rightly Techomate released a new driver/kernal in July to fix the recording problems but they didn't work. Most TM2T users are using the earlier VIX images from before July while we wait for the new driver/kernal which hopefully wont be long now. Hang on in there the box is worth it IMO.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Best to use an older image or an up-to date image with older drivers for now.
    If & when we release a build with new kernel & drivers, it will be announced & recommended on the forums.
    Last edited by judge; 24-08-13 at 23:27.

Title
    Thanks
    I think this issue may have something to do with whether you do a full scan or not when flashing an image.

I'm having the issue with VIX image 683. I'm not using one of the newer images. Should I use one even older?

At the moment, I am using 4D image and did a full satellite scan yesterday (as part of troubleshooting) and didn't get the issue with stutter while recording. However, even the old drivers are not perfect. It still seems a bit unstable and occasionally I get a half second freeze while recording (on channel being recorded and/or other channel being watched).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsy99 View Post
    As a TM2T user I have rolled back to a earlier VIX image due to a few problems regarding recordings and stuttering on HD channels. If I remember rightly Techomate released a new driver/kernal in July to fix the recording problems but they didn't work. Most TM2T users are using the earlier VIX images from before July while we wait for the new driver/kernal which hopefully wont be long now. Hang on in there the box is worth it IMO.
    Which image are you using, mate?

Can you also tell me whether you (after flashing) did a full scan or loaded VIX 28.2e channel list. I find doing a full scan then using built in ABM works best. Please enlighten me for glitch free experience.

Thank you!

Title
    Thanks
    I'm currently using build 688. Like you I have always used VIX built in ABM and I set it to scan every morning around 3am and then set the EPG to scan at 3.30am and save it to the USB Drive connected at the rear USB port. Just checked if Match of the Day has taped from last night on BBC 1 HD and it did perfectly. Hope this helps you but it looks like your doing everything I do.

Title
    Thanks
    So you just use ABM and not a lb automatic satellite scan and then ABM?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    So you just use ABM and not a lb automatic satellite scan and then ABM?
    No need to scan before running ABM

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

kanwar (25-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, I'll try VIX 688 now and let you guys know how I get on.

I don't like using the 4D image as it gives the green screen when PTS is on (and I think live rewind is a pretty big feature). In any case, TM recording drivers need serious work. Even when they are working fine they don't seem stable and give the odd pixellation/semi freeze.

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE: VIX image 688 gives me the same issue. Freezes every 5 seconds while recording one channel and watching another (channel being recorded doesn't seem to have any freezes).

This is instantly resolved by stopping the recording, as mentioned earlier.

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE: VIX image 688 gives me the same issue. Freezes every 5 seconds while recording one channel and watching another (channel being recorded doesn't seem to have any freezes).

This is instantly resolved by stopping the recording, as mentioned earlier.
    I don't think this is a driver issue. This happens to me from time to time but can't go into the reasons here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast