Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recording stutter (HD)!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi1 View Post
    I don't think this is a driver issue. This happens to me from time to time but can't go into the reasons here.
    It's nothing to do with what you're thinking.

Title
    Thanks
    In that case you seem to have a somewhat unique problem.........bonne chance!!

Title
    Thanks
    I think I might just have to go with a Skybox for now. I can't deal with this piece of crap anymore and I can't afford to buy the VU+duo at the moment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    I think I might just have to go with a Skybox for now. I can't deal with this piece of crap anymore and I can't afford to buy the VU+duo at the moment.
    It's far from a piece of crap, just let down by the TM drivers & kernel currently included in our ViX image supplied by TM.
    Have you tried a recent build of the 4D image? I haven't but it might sort you out for now till we get decent working drivers/kernel from TM.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    Kanwar you've seen the posts made by others with problems and you've also seen posts about the new driver/kernel being worked on by the vix team. This box is far from a piece of crap. Your making out that the box is unusable and its far from that. You have catch up and normal sd channels to use while the fix is being worked on. Funny how you compare the TMT2 to a Skybox how's the epg and network streaming on the Skybox these days not to mention the other tuner it doesn't have ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jigsy99; 27-08-13 at 23:55.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Recording stutter (HD)!

I recommended this to several friends/family many moons ago as it initially seemed to meet requirements of dual tuners/epg/stability etc. this has not been the case. Unfortunately for me a friend took my advice and has constantly been victim to poor standards from TM. New drivers caused new errors - and then some. I feel partly responsible as I suggested the box. I have been able to help because I had one year head start on him - but for a noob, the TM 2t is a brain drainer. It would put you off e2 boxes permanently. Problems that simply should not be there appear, then reappear, and a user has to delve into data way before they should - It kills the learning curve.

Tapatalker
    Last edited by BubbleBalls; 28-08-13 at 00:35.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

kanwar (28-08-13),Larry-G (28-08-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    I recommended this to several friends/family many moons ago as it initially seemed to meet requirements of dual tuners/epg/stability etc. this has not been the case. Unfortunately for me a friend took my advice and has constantly been victim to poor standards from TM. New drivers caused new errors - and then some. I feel partly responsible as I suggested the box. I have been able to help because I had one year head start on him - but for a noob, the TM 2t is a brain drainer. It would put you off e2 boxes permanently. Problems that simply should not be there appear, then reappear, and a user has to delve into data way before they should - It kills the learning curve.

Tapatalker

I could not agree more with pretty much every thing you have posted. Personally and please understand this is my own opinion, it is not that of the ViX team or World-of-satellite.

We struggled long and hard to get a working TM-Twin-OE image out as at that time the Twin had been on the market over a full year without a proper image or any real support ( again my opinion here ), we spent literally hundreds no thousands of man hours testing and developing for this receiver. we even took a lot of personal attacks from other forums and individuals because we decided to support Technomate but we soldiered on.

The unfinished ViX TM-Twin image was leaked a number of times by third parties for their own twisted reasons but we just kept on going until we were happy that what we had produced was working as we intended it to and for a few short months it was great, but since that time things have in my opinion gone backwards with the driver and kernel support we receive from Technomate. personally i love my Twin and 2T, the hardware just cant be matched for the price but they are badly let down by the drivers and it's currently not possible for me to recommend the TM-OE brand to any potential customer with such inferior driver support.

I have no doubt my reply here will get me a lot of flack from Technomate HQ but it needs to be said and they need to start listening. Hopefully they can get things sorted with the upcoming drivers and kernel and this time maintain that standard without breaking things in a future update, because rite not i dont hold any hope for the brand if they dont do some serious work on their end.

please also understand that my post is not some kind of TM bashing or bitch fest, I really like the TM brand and have several TM receivers including older none E2 models but things need to change and change fast as other manufacturers step up to the plate with their boxes, if TM are not careful they could become a footnote in satellite history rather than the market leader they rightfully should be.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mhoobag1 (28-08-13),mkhan (28-08-13),rinaldi1 (28-08-13),robti (28-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsy99 View Post
    Kanwar you've seen the posts made by others with problems and you've also seen posts about the new driver/kernel being worked on by the vix team. This box is far from a piece of crap. Your making out that the box is unusable and its far from that. You have catch up and normal sd channels to use while the fix is being worked on. Funny how you compare the TMT2 to a Skybox how's the epg and network streaming on the Skybox these days not to mention the other tuner it doesn't have ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    It's far from a piece of crap, just let down by the TM drivers & kernel currently included in our ViX image supplied by TM.
    Have you tried a recent build of the 4D image? I haven't but it might sort you out for now till we get decent working drivers/kernel from TM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post

Tapatalker
    I have tried the latest 4D image too. It has problems of it's own, not least a PTS which is completely broken and causes the box to crash and reboot.

Yes, the Skybox features are not as good as this box but it's only £50. I paid over £200 for this box. I expect stable and fully functional drivers from Day 1.

Another problem when recording channels (currently on VIX build 688) is that when you zap away from the channel being recorded and back to it it causes a slight jig which leads to a short freeze/pixellation which is put into the recording as well. Ridiculous. I'm not sure if the 4D image has this problem too. So, basically, if you want something to record properly you need to just watch that. This makes the other tuner almost redundant.

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with Pheonix this an excellent receiver on spec, its a shame it has its problems which is nothing new when it comes to Technomate and linux receivers. Perhaps they should stick to producing non linux receiver in which they are leaders of that market.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123