Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stable drivers?

Title
    Thanks

stable drivers?

Hi guys ive not been on for a while so was just wondering if the driver issues have been sorted out yet regarding HD glitching etc, i have 2-3 installs to do and was going to buy the 2T's as i have one myself but ive not updated mine in weeks so i never actually experienced it myself, i am a bit dubious to put this boxes in peoples homes if the issue is still there can any one confirm?

cheers folks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Our current ViX builds contain some serious issues on the supported TM range, we're waiting on driver & kernel updates to test...
    You could try a different image such as 4D which I think comes pre-installed on the new boxes these days?
    However, using that myself to do a few tests & the drivers have some similar issues to what we have.
    It's still a waiting game for us unfortunately.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Our current ViX builds contain some serious issues on the supported TM range, we're waiting on driver & kernel updates to test...
    You could try a different image such as 4D which I think comes pre-installed on the new boxes these days?
    However, using that myself to do a few tests & the drivers have some similar issues to what we have.
    It's still a waiting game for us unfortunately.
    ill just rephrase that.

our current ViX images have some serious issues WITH THE SUPPLIED KERNEL AND DRIVERS FROM TM. rite now were waiting for them to supply us with a new kernel and drivers that will " hopefully" fix these issues.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (08-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    ah thanks for the heads up guys, any e.t.a from technomate?
    dont know if this has been asked before or not, with the latest builds can the drivers be overwritten by older versions?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drx360 View Post
    ah thanks for the heads up guys, any e.t.a from technomate?
    dont know if this has been asked before or not, with the latest builds can the drivers be overwritten by older versions?
    expected any day but no firm guarantees if they will do as promised or if they wont break any thing else in the meantime.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

drx360 (08-08-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No ETA really, hopefully any day now but before the end of the month, then some time to test & see if anything else is broken with any new fixes.
    You can roll back to some drivers depending on kernel used, but TBH all have their own issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

drx360 (08-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    shame because its a cracking box, just not sure i want to install them at present until technomate sort all that out, guess il have to look at an alternative.

cheers guys

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You could also install the boxes with the image version you are using if you are happy with that.
    Your customers might spot some issues that you haven't though, so it's really down to how you feel about callbacks if they do.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    shame because its a cracking box,
    I could not agree more, and when TM do sort these driver issues it will be a truly fantastic box, but time is ticking and the longer it takes to fix the more potential for customers to vote with their wallets on something else.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    You could also install the boxes with the image version you are using if you are happy with that.
    Your customers might spot some issues that you haven't though, so it's really down to how you feel about callbacks if they do.
    Ah yes i never thought of that, i guess il have to speak to the sponsor and see what kernel/drivers are on the new boxes, hopefully they may have old drivers/kernels on them if thats the case id be good to go? tbh judge the peeps i am installing for are not techy minded so i dont think they would tinker with them, the build i use (679) seems pretty solid hence why i never felt the need to update

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I could not agree more, and when TM do sort these driver issues it will be a truly fantastic box, but time is ticking and the longer it takes to fix the more potential for customers to vote with their wallets on something else.
    roughly how long has there been issues with the drivers pheonix, i mean is this a serious long term thing?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on and off since about march or even earlier if i recall correctly, dont get me wrong i'm not bad mouthing TM but these are issues that must be resolved by TM and thats the catch 22 rite there.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    on and off since about march or even earlier if i recall correctly, dont get me wrong i'm not bad mouthing TM but these are issues that must be resolved by TM and thats the catch 22 rite there.
    sounds like there shooting themselves in the foot, not good for P.R that.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sounds like there shooting themselves in the foot, not good for P.R that.
    your preaching to the choir my friend.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The drivers from 697 should be useable on our current build 715 (they may even be the same as current ones, not sure what build we included newest drivers on), so if you're happy with them, maybe worth a try.
    Make a backup of /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra/bcmlinuxdvb.ko

Fresh flash build 715 & overwrite the backed up driver if it is different.

As pheonix says, the TM2T is a great box, if only TM could get a kernel/driver combo correct.

roughly how long has there been issues with the drivers pheonix, i mean is this a serious long term thing?
    The drivers started flaking out when they finally got various media playback working, since those updates there have been various live TV & recording issues.
    The current drivers are a bit better on the recording issues, but re-introduce old media play back issues (not as bad though) & live TV sound sync issues.

However, not everyone is experiencing these problems & they seem to happen randomly which makes it harder to fix.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

drx360 (09-08-13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast