Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Transcoding issue/questions

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Transcoding issue/questions

New to this box, and to transcoding. I have set it up with default settings but have the following issues:

1. Receiver in standby, transcoding works perfectly via Ipads. When I next switch receiver on to whatch via tv, there is no audio on any channell until I perfom a full restart.

2. If receiver is being used, I can stilll transcode perfectly, but as soon as the stream starts on the Ipad, whilst the picture being watched on the tv continues, the audio is replaced by the audio for the channel being transcoded to the Ipad. When I stop transcoding via the Ipad, the audio on the tv stops altogether and only a full restart gets it back again.

3. I don't know if it is supposed to but cannot make this work on Iphone. OpenWebIf starts but it seems to be to be a mobile version that allows everything but actually opening a stream to watch.

Anyone ellse had simillar?

This is with build 709.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Transcoding issue/questions

I can answer question 3.

If your using safari it only gives you the mobile version. You need something like Dolphin Browser which allows you to view openwebif in desktop mode.

There's a setting in the options to default to desktop mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you use an analog connection for your sound? Analog output is not possible during streaming.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danivtec View Post
    I can answer question 3.

If your using safari it only gives you the mobile version. You need something like Dolphin Browser which allows you to view openwebif in desktop mode.

There's a setting in the options to default to desktop mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the suggestion mate - much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    do you use an analog connection for your sound? Analog output is not possible during streaming.

ciao
    Thanks for the reply buddy and sadly, that answers my question - I am using an analogue connection for audio (my plasma panel only has analogue inputs which we use for general tv and only use digital via surround sound for movies).

Pity because that aside, it works really well and anyone who does use a digital audio connection only will not be disappointed. Sadly, it probably renders it useless for my particular set up.