Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossepg data loss on reboot

bobbyduke

crossepg data loss on reboot

If you are losing crossepg data on reboot install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-epgloader_1.0-r1_mipsel.ipk from tmp this will hold the data on reboot. Maybe vix can add this to future updates.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    If your EPG is setup correctly, you shouldn't loose your data if rebooting in the correct manner.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

bobbyduke
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If your EPG is setup correctly, you shouldn't loose your data if rebooting in the correct manner.
    Cool, please point to guide for this? take it theres a vix way for crossepg setup.

bobbyduke
    Myself instead of smarting my epg is working i would have explained how it was setup, point of a forum is to help each other i thought.

You must have sat at the front of the class at school.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The reason why the EPG looses it's data on a reboot is because it's held in live memory so when you reboot the cache has been cleared, you need to tell the EPG to read from it's save location to retrieve it's settings. I cant think of the exact method as i'm at work but this is how mine are setup.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
    Click Here
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (01-08-13)

bobbyduke
    Thanks for the info on that, i found the epg loader works on the vix image, just a simple fix if peoples got probs.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyduke View Post
    Thanks for the info on that, i found the epg loader works on the vix image, just a simple fix if peoples got probs.
    I'm not discounting your findings and if it works thats great, it's just that the version of CrossEPG in ViX is not the standard one found as a basic add-on in most other images, in ViX it is highly customised and adapted specifically for ViX so using EPG add-ons can have unforeseen effects.

I appreciate your post and findings and it should be of use to others so thank you for that.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If the epg data does not reload after a reboot then restart e2 and it will reload. No need for any plugin.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

bobbyduke
    Each time so each time i turn my box on i gotto mess about restarting e2? this only needs installing once pretty standard on alot of e2 images.

bobbyduke
    Yep can see vix is trying to stand out from other e2 image makers. Just wish i had a decent box to to play with vix images properly looks good what ive seen so far. But this tm twin i got conned into buying is back in the box ready to be returned for now, back on the old dreambox and gm triplex for now they both do as they should at least.

Only thing seems vix is based on open pli which ive never rated as the most stable, newnigma seem the best on dreambox and spark away from e2.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I've never had an issue with epg not being found on reboot.

A. Did you press the EXIT button after reboot per flashing instructions?
    B. Do you have the latest bootloader?
    C. Do you have TSpanel installed by any chance?
    D. Yes, the TMs have issues, but to the best of my knowledge epg is not one of them. Can you enable debug logs reboot and upload them after. Someone may be able to identify your issue.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Each time so each time i turn my box on i gotto mess about restarting e2? this only needs installing once pretty standard on alot of e2 images.
    not if you set it up properly in the first place.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    @bobbyduke with the aggresive tone you've used on the forum so far I'm surprised anyone will help you. Blaming the Vix image is not going to help you. Maybe you should use the software that originally came on your receiver and blame TM instead. Every image has its bugs but the support here from the development team and beta testers is second to none (and unpaid).
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (31-07-13),Sicilian (31-07-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Only thing seems vix is based on open pli which ive never rated as the most stable
    'Based on' is not 'the same as'. ViX has had it's own development route since it was forked from PLi.
    So please judge the image yourself, instead of spreading rumours like this.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

bobbyduke
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    'Based on' is not 'the same as'. ViX has had it's own development route since it was forked from PLi.
    So please judge the image yourself, instead of spreading rumours like this.
    I am only speaking from dreamboxes in the past so its not rumours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast