Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointless update?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyduke View Post
    The advice i ask on the tm twin oe though is there a back dated image worth me trying to solve these timer issue or is it the same for all? pvr and crossepg will do me to be honest for now on this box.

I see on the download page images for vix back to feb would any of them work? or am i fighting a losing battle.
    its been a long time since i used a older image on any of my TM's so i cant honestly say which image is best for you.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    no receiver will work flawlessly due to the fact that the images are all produced by teams of unpaid amateurs, if you want something that works flawlessly you should stick with the box you received from sky as they have a budget of millions in which to invest in such things where as we dont, that said the Vu+ Duo is a very well supported receiver but it is pushing on a bit and has a few issues of it's own such as the infamous memory leak with newer kernel 3.1.1 based images. rite now i'd say the best Vu in terms of price v functionality would be the solo2.
    ...... And they might spend a few quid on firmware development, but Sky also still have a lot of bugs including one that messes up your recordings.
    Unfortunately when you write software you get bugs, its a fact of life.

Title
    Thanks
    My problem with the latest updates is the audiosync all updates since vix 683 have been the same and the audio wanders all over the place. Its not just vix as well 4d is the same

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rikksow View Post
    My problem with the latest updates is the audiosync all updates since vix 683 have been the same and the audio wanders all over the place. Its not just vix as well 4d is the same
    yes it's driver related.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

rikksow (31-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    ...... And they might spend a few quid on firmware development, but Sky also still have a lot of bugs including one that messes up your recordings.
    Unfortunately when you write software you get bugs, its a fact of life.
    Agreed however TM seem to have a habit of launching products that do not work as intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12