Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Webif streaming issues

Title
    Thanks

Open Webif streaming issues

Streaming channels from my box via Open Webif is very hit and miss, more miss than hit really, can hardly get a stream going at all.

Most of the times channels dont start and i get no video or sound when opened in VLC.

More often than not the channel that the box is currently on does stream then when i try another channel it doesn't work, i thought this may be an issue with one of the tuners but i can successfully watch and record a different channel so that tells me both tuners are ok.

Putting the box in standby and trying to stream doesn't help.

Oddly FTA channels seem to work more so than Sky channels, when im testing i can get FTA channels to work multiple times one after another but then if i try a Sky channel i get nothing.

I'm trying to stream on my internal network and external and get the same results.

Is this normal or does it work perfect for others?

Are there any other ways i can stream and try a different method?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    which exact image ? and if ViX which exact build ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    p.s. forgot to mention, if i reboot the box and try a stream the first one seems to work, then if i try a different channel i get nothing, reboot the box again first stream works and nothing with second.

Is this the info?
    Im using Vix version 3.0 Build 706
    Kernel 3.5.3
    Drivers 2013-07-19
    Last update 2013-07-27

Title
    Thanks
    pretty much confirmed that the only way i can get this to work is if i reboot the box then the first time i try and stream it works, changing channels on the stream doesn't work for me unless its fta channels, really odd issue!

Title
    Thanks
    ok ive started from scratch tonight, reinstalled the Vix image and installed\setup minimal plugins, auto bouquet\open webif, and still the same issue occurs

from a fresh reboot i can only stream one channel through Open Webif, if i try and open a second stream, after closing the first it never works, reboot the box and the first stream works again.

Nobody else getting this? ive done a clean install of Vix, formatted HDD before hand, i just don't get what's going on here.
    Last edited by avinitski; 30-07-13 at 22:21.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I am using the deafult webif. I cannot replicate your issue.

I can switch between channels without issue (encrypted and fta). The only thing I cannot seem to do at the moment is to open two simultaneos windows in VLC. I might play with Media player classic later.

However, I can watch three FTA channels on the go subject to transponder limitations. TV on one channel, PC streaming another and phone doing another.

Maybe describe how you are changing channels on webif.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for trying.

what build if Vix and drivers etc are you using?

im using the TV icon as highlighted below.

Untitled.png

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having the same issue as you. It used to only happen when I used TS player and then only Sky channels but its happening now on VLC and SMplayer also with more than just the sky channels.

Title
    Thanks
    could you please list your Vix build and driver version etc?

There must be some common factor if you're getting the same issue.

Also now ive found out that when im watching a stream the main channel on the TV start to glitch after a short while, maybe 30 mins or so, and becomes unwatchable, really annoying, do you also get this issue?
    Last edited by avinitski; 01-08-13 at 21:35.

Title
    Thanks
    ViX 3.0 Build 710
    Kernel 3.5.3
    Drivers 2013-07-19
    Last Update 2013-07-31
    Last edited by avinitski; 01-08-13 at 21:53.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Open Webif streaming issues

Quote Originally Posted by avinitski View Post
    could you please list your Vix build and driver version etc?

There must be some common factor if you're getting the same issue.

Also now ive found out that when im watching a stream the main channel on the TV start to glitch after a short while, maybe 30 mins or so, and becomes unwatchable, really annoying, do you also get this issue?
    Yes I now get the same thing my self on all newer builds. Were now just waiting on TM to build a new kernel and drivers for us that will hopefully resolve a lot of the issues seen of late.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avinitski View Post
    ViX 3.0 Build 710
    Kernel 3.5.3
    Drivers 2013-07-19
    Last Update 2013-07-31
    Mine is the exact same

Title
    Thanks
    I have rolled back to an image when i first got my box, it was an all-in-one image from another forum which contained pre-configured settings like CrossEPG and picons and other plugins pre installed, streaming works fine using this image, internal and externally from my home network.

OpenVIX 3.0 Build 679
    Kernel 3.5.3
    Drivers N/A--
    Last Update 2013-06-08

not sure why driver version is missing but that's what is displayed on-screen with the menu, my faith in the box has almost been restored! This shows the issues are software related which means hopefully its possible to fix in future updates.

I would be interested to know if other people getting the same issue if they downgrade do their streaming issues disappear too?

Title
    Thanks
    there's been a couple of releases of the ViX image recently but i see nothing about drivers, is the streaming issue still being looked at or still waiting for drivers from TM?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can confirm i am having the same problem using vu duo vix 722, i reset my router to factory and it worked for a while but now i cannot stream again.
    Last edited by skratch; 21-08-13 at 22:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast