Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transcoding not working

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks

Transcoding not working

Hi,

i just did fresh flash of OpenViX (previously I was using OpenATV) and I manually set up all settings - no backup involved.

Transcoding is enabled and with default settings but when I try to open stream via OpenWebIf, stream does not open. I also noticed that sound from current channel that is rolling on TV disappears when stream is (not) working.

Any clues what is going on? The same problem was with OpenATV.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes as was mentioned in the ViX image release notes transcoding is currently not working on none OE based images, it's a driver issue as far as i'm aware and were waiting on Vu as usual to fix it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Oh ok, havent noticed that. I have only noticed that blindscan is not working (see below). Apperantly its another Vu+ drivers story all over again And instead of fixing important things in drivers they are fiddling with not-so-important WOL function.

Known bugs (all driver related):
    Blindscan not currently working.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkulRide View Post
    Oh ok, havent noticed that. I have only noticed that blindscan is not working (see below). Apperantly its another Vu+ drivers story all over again And instead of fixing important things in drivers they are fiddling with not-so-important WOL function.

Known bugs (all driver related):
    Blindscan not currently working.
    my bad i meant blindscan, sorry for the confusion, im sat at work feeling miserable for my self with a nice bout of hayfever coming on.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    What is wrong with transcoding then? Maybe ViX lead developer Andy can shed a light upon this problem?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not sure what went wrong in your case, but transcoding does work.
    There is only the restriction that current live channel can't be transcoded.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    just double checked transcode working fine here, on iPad2, open webif, open TV channel list, click on RIGHT stream icon, and wait for stream to open (can take 20 seconds),

also remember you can't transcode current live channel, ie if your duo2 is on BBC One HD, you can transcode that channel, bug in driver told vu when solo2 came out.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Strangely it does not work for me. I have tested on FTA and encrypted channels and streams simply dont start!?! I can see that second or third tuner is in use when I start transcoded stream. Tried on two PCs btw. Ordinary streams work normally.
    Last edited by OldSkulRide; 27-07-13 at 12:51.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkulRide View Post
    Strangely it does not work for me. I have tested on FTA and encrypted channels and streams simply dont start!?! I can see that second or third tuner is in use when I start transcoded stream. Tried on two PCs btw. Ordinary streams work normally.
    irc, transcode does NOT work on pc's only mobile, for example VLC does not understand the codec.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

OldSkulRide (27-07-13)

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    ohh didnt know that, need to try it on my crappy mobile then

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Or use 'BlueStacks' on your PC.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

OldSkulRide (27-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    at least with the Solo2 the Windows Media Player plays the stream quite good you only have to wait for a minute and then press play of the WMP again. VLC really has problems with the codec.

I cannot check the DUO2.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys I'm a bit new to e2 what is transcoding as looking at getting a duo 2 are they easy to use etc.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    transcoding basically means that the receiver can take live tv and recode it into a lower quality on the fly allowing you to stream it to mobile devices using substantially less bandwidth.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have you have to open (forward) the port on the router even when transcoding on Local Network or is this only for transcoding over external network (Internet)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast