Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: No Dolby Signal From Optical Out??

Title
    Thanks

No Dolby Signal From Optical Out??

Hi guys,

Had the XP1000 for a few months now and have been well pleased with it bar the fact that my amp isn't detecting a Pro-Logic signal from it. I thought it could be the optical leads and just never managed to get round to looking closely at it to tonight.

In short the amp picks up the proper audio signals from my DVD player, Blu-Ray player and PS3 so nothing wrong with the amp itself. I used an optical lead that I knew was working and still nothing, only stereo.

Am I missing something with the XP1000? I assume that it is capable of receiving and transmitting Dolby Digital signals? If so, what could my issue be?

Thanks in advance

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Try menu/setup/av settings/downmix should be off.

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    Try menu/setup/av settings/downmix should be off.

Tapatalker
    You're just the best! I think I now love you!

Title
    Thanks
    I only use the surround sound for movies so it will be a bit of a pain having to switch this on and off every time I want to switch the amp off and just use TV speakers.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Shortcut --- press audio button on remote, then red button. Much quicker.

I also think I read somewhere that a user had optical to amp but another audio stream to their TV, maybe scart or phono - cant really remember. Even doing this you would have to mute your tv (one button press) so the short cut ain't too bad at 3 button press - audio-red button-exit

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    Shortcut --- press audio button on remote, then red button. Much quicker.

I also think I read somewhere that a user had optical to amp but another audio stream to their TV, maybe scart or phono - cant really remember. Even doing this you would have to mute your tv (one button press) so the short cut ain't too bad at 3 button press - audio-red button-exit

Tapatalker
    Cheers mate. That method is much easier.

One other thing;

When I playback a recording that I've made to my external drive several times throughout whatever it is I have recorded there is a second or two where the pictures becomes distorted then corrects itself. When I rewind back again the distortion happens at the exact same place in the recording which leads me to believe that it may be a recording issue. As if it were a playback issue then I suspect the distortion would occur randomly as opposed to fixed times. Just a guess.

Have you ever came across anything like this or have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Cheers mate. That method is much easier.

One other thing;

When I playback a recording that I've made to my external drive several times throughout whatever it is I have recorded there is a second or two where the pictures becomes distorted then corrects itself. When I rewind back again the distortion happens at the exact same place in the recording which leads me to believe that it may be a recording issue. As if it were a playback issue then I suspect the distortion would occur randomly as opposed to fixed times. Just a guess.

Have you ever came across anything like this or have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance
    There are a couple of things possible - are those recordings on FTA channels? BBC1 or ITV (assuming you use 28.2) this can rule out cam issues.

This may be a pain but if you record something you are watching in real time, then watch again from recording, could establish if your HDD/USB is faulty etc.

Try those and if it doesn't help then start a new thread. There are more knowledgable people here. I also don't own this model receiver so someone who does may shed more light on the issue - they won't find this as its under Dolby heading at the moment.

Tapatalker

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

And if you do post a new thread help the mods by stating build info? Best to have updated to latest image and test before new post.

Tapatalker

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Pro-logic? why not use DD 5.1
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Pro-logic? why not use DD 5.1
    That's what I meant lol, to me they are both the same.

Title
    Thanks
    There are a couple of things possible - are those recordings on FTA channels? BBC1 or ITV (assuming you use 28.2) this can rule out cam issues.

This may be a pain but if you record something you are watching in real time, then watch again from recording, could establish if your HDD/USB is faulty etc.

Try those and if it doesn't help then start a new thread. There are more knowledgable people here. I also don't own this model receiver so someone who does may shed more light on the issue - they won't find this as its under Dolby heading at the moment.

Tapatalker
    Cheers mate. I'll take your points onboard and check them out.