Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIX Image picons

Title
    Thanks
    I have just installed the VIX 1.1 image again this morning after playing around with it for a couple of days. I formatted the USB stick using the image format tool, I mounted the USB stick and loaded two different sets of picons (one at a time) into a folder in the root of the USB stick called picon. I even added a folder in the HDD to see if that would work but I still cannot get the picons to show in the info bar.

I have tried just about everything but can't seen to get past this hurdle. Just for info they are all working in the DreamElite image as I have just installed my back up of this and all is well.

I am about to install a new clean image of VIX 1.1 now to try again, any pointers are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Prioryman
    I have also been trying now for two days, having reinstalled newest VIX image and cannot get the picons to work. I have tried USB - Hard drive nothing.

None show up on any sats.

Any ideas guy's

Thats John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    If you are using the vix image use setup/vix/skin settings/choose picon location USB/HDD restart enigma.

Try using different usb sticks some dont like the VU+
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Prioryman
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    If you are using the vix image use setup/vix/skin settings/choose picon location USB restart enigma
    Yes, I have tried all methods....

If I use another image it works first time, thing is I really like the VIX image. If needs be I can live without it, but it would be nice.

Thanks for reply

John

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    can u try a different set of picons m8, it is working here as with others too.

just to confirm, the usb is plugged on rear, right?
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    is this only on one sat or on all sats?
    The sly uk ones

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by underzone View Post
    The sly uk ones
    Try the ones from this thread mate

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ted-01-10-2010
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Just tried those with no joy... I know my USB stick is mounted OK because I have just made a small swap file on it, I have a folder on the same USB stick called picon and installed three different picon sets into it (one at a time) without results. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong if others can use picons with the VIX 1.1 but I just don't know what it is.

I have not loaded any bouquets or epg do I need these to make the picons work?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    u don't need bouquets or epg but u need channels.

try to manually scan one sat and see if the picons will work on it and don't forget to correctly set the picon location on the VIX menu
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Prioryman
    Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    can u try a different set of picons m8, it is working here as with others too.

just to confirm, the usb is plugged on rear, right?
    Yes 8Gb USb drive formated to Fat32, I have tried all formats and I can see the picons on a PC so I know they are there. What set of picons are you using ??

Thanks John

Prioryman
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    BassetHound, Thanks will try them now and get back here

John

Prioryman
    Grtmoby, yep tried rescanning 13,19 and 28 and makes no differance

thanks John

Title
    Thanks
    Yep, I only have 28.2 as a test sat list all the channels are working fine... just no picons, I really cant understand why, again for clarity

1. usb stick with a folder called picon in the root and stick in the rear of the STB
    2. menu>setup>VIX>skin settings - Choose Picon Location - USB
    3. menu>setup>VIX>device manager - mount points - USB: Cruiser Blade Size: 8.000 GB /dev/ - media/usb

I even set up a picon folder on the HDD (for test purposes) and pointed the location to the hard drive but still nothing, I must be doing something fundementally wrong but I just don't know what it is.

Title
    Thanks
    Tried these too: 28.2 HD Kanalreferenz 01.10.2010.rar (3.12 MB, 80 views)
    No joy. Tried on usb and hdd. Also setup the usb using the mount manager... still didn't work
    The VU+ can see the files via the mountpoints whether on the usb or hdd, they just dont get displayed in the GUI

PS. VIX 1.1

Prioryman
    Quote Originally Posted by underzone View Post
    Tried these too: 28.2 HD Kanalreferenz 01.10.2010.rar (3.12 MB, 80 views)
    No joy. Tried on usb and hdd. Also setup the usb using the mount manager... still didn't work
    The VU+ can see the files via the mountpoints whether on the usb or hdd, they just dont get displayed in the GUI

PS. VIX 1.1

I have just re-installed image and scanned sat on 28. Then I go to VIX - Skin settings and set to USB - it tells me to put picons in: /mnt/sdb1/picon

I have done this rebooted box and ................ nothing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast