Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Black vs. White remote and Duo2

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks

Black vs. White remote and Duo2

Hi,

few days ago i replaced aging Duo for Duo2. I immediately noticed that black remote (not the new one, old one from Solo2) which came with the receiver, does not work that well. It needs to be pointed to the receiver and even then some button are not detected sometimes!?
    Then I tried with the old white remote that I was happily using with the Duo and situation improved a lot. I am not sure how, but white remote works a lot better than black one. You can point it 90 degrees from receiver and it will work. With black one this is SciFi.

What are your observations regarding remote control? I havent tested the new Duo2 black remote as I havent received it yet.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    a lot of complains in Germany about the new remote. Some say that the from of the IR receiver in the box is coated which might disturb reception.

Funny thing as usual some say that the new remote is better then the old one.

Perhaps this situation is connected with the IR problem with certain LCD-/Plasma TVs.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    I read these complaints too. IR receiver or front plexi (?) panel cant be the issue as the white remote works OK. I believe no one really tested white remote on german boards. If they would, they wouldnt think that there is a problem with front panel or IR receiver.

I use plasma btw but i never had any problems with remotes responsivness.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had problems with my Solo2 and plasma when Duo was no problem. I resorted to tape over the IR receiver which helped. When Duo2 arrives will report back.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Make sure to use the latest 22/7 drivers and follow the recipe to update the VFD-controller:

20130722(duo2)
    - Fix loop-through problem when 2 dual tuners are installed
    - Improve VFD controller update(VFD controller update will resolve remote control sensitivity issue)
    - New VFD controller image and Upgrade HowTo document are at http://archive.vuplus.com/download/vfd/vuduo2/20130719/
    - To upgrade VFD controller image, "Firmware Upgrade" plugin is needed.

Code:
    http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-vuduo2-3.3.8-4.4.3-20130722.tar.gz

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Clabs (23-07-13)

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Thanks, need to try this asap but I cant seem to find Firmware upgrade plugin in .ipk form :/
    Last edited by OldSkulRide; 23-07-13 at 08:36.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    If you're not familiar with the do-it-yourself method, you'd better wait for the next build.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    It is definitely better than before but still not perfect.