Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New plugin on the way called XBMCAddons for enigma 2

Title
    Thanks

New plugin on the way called XBMCAddons for enigma 2

I have just tested a beta version of a new plugin that allows some XBMC plugins to run on enigma 2. My tests were on a VU Solo 2 with the latest Vix image installed and I must say I am impressed with it so far..a lot of potential.

I am not sure if I can post the link here as its from the Xtrend forum, so mods please remove it if it should not be here:

Code:
    http://www.et-view-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?12017-Plugin-XBMCAddons-for-running-xbmc-addons-with-enigma2&p=130136

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to im85288 For This Useful Post:

bigbaz (08-08-13),duoduo (19-07-13),irishchris (20-07-13),magdy (05-12-13),s31teg (20-07-13),Sicilian (19-07-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Tried this to and it works very well with the latest vix

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by im85288 View Post
    I have just tested a beta version of a new plugin that allows some XBMC plugins to run on enigma 2. My tests were on a VU Solo 2 with the latest Vix image installed and I must say I am impressed with it so far..a lot of potential.

I am not sure if I can post the link here as its from the Xtrend forum, so mods please remove it if it should not be here:

Code:
    http://www.et-view-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?12017-Plugin-XBMCAddons-for-running-xbmc-addons-with-enigma2&p=130136
    p.s the xtrend alliance is a member of the OE-Alliance so posting links to their forum is fine.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Works well on my duo, be good to know which xbmc addons we can use, especially the ones for football streaming would be of use to me.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: New plugin on the way called XBMCAddons for enigma 2

Why not start a thread of compatible XBMC addons that are comparible with this ?. It would certainly help others.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bigbaz (08-08-13),duoduo (20-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Works well on my duo, be good to know which xbmc addons we can use, especially the ones for football streaming would be of use to me.
    Yes the SportsDevil plugin would be a great addition. As far as I see it the Author of this plugin has to make some adjustments to the standard xbmc plugins to get it to work correctly so compatible plugins need to be downloaded from the link I attached. I made a request in the link to get the sportsdevil plugin added.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to im85288 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (20-07-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    seems your wish may have been granted.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

casper02 (08-08-13),faster (20-09-13),fkhan786 (10-11-13),im85288 (08-08-13),jimt (02-10-13),khan888 (10-10-13),ukbob (08-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I understand I just install the IPK and put the other folders into the appropriate folders on my box? But where exactly?
    What boxes does this plugin work on? ET9x00, Solo2, DM800se?
    Also, on what images does it run correctly? ViX only? Or others as well? Such as OpenPLi? Anybody knows?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    you install the new plugin xbmcaddons into you Extensions directory and inside this directory is a directory called XBMC and there you copy the streaming addons. These addons must be prepared for running on an E2 box and it works on most E2 images not only ViX.

It is something like a XBMC simulator so don´t expect to much as it is not the fastest.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks

Seems good idea and I'm sure when they develop this further will be good. As it is iPlayer not working and sports devil has cache plugin error. Early days though I suppose and credit to them for trying to get this off the ground.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks

Hmmm interesting. Might give this a go tonight see what I can get working 😃

Title
    Thanks
    Make sure you let us know.
    And do specify your box type and image.

Title
    Thanks

Will do mate 😀

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting the Sports devil addon Phoenix, just to let you know that I sent the HD streaming addon to pcd initially for him to work on and within a few days he sent me the ammended version (with tweaks) and it was working great for about 3 days showing hd quality streams of various sports channels. Then all of a sudden it stopped working, i have been back and forwards with pcd to try and get to the bottom of it but still no end result. I am using a Vu Duo with this plugin, so if anyone else has a success with this particular plugin either with a duo or alternative please post. I will give sportsdevil a try this evening and post if works ok unless someone beats me to it. I have tried the iplayer addon but unfortunately it didnt work for me and caused crashing. Pcd seems to think that some of the issues with this plugin are at image/hw level so hopefully the more crashlogs/debug logs peeps can send in for checking the better chance we have of realising this plugin as an exceptional addition to some of the others we use on a regular basis.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

19. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

magdy (05-12-13)

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    . I will give sportsdevil a try this evening and post if works ok unless someone beats me to it..
    As reported earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    As it is iPlayer not working and sports devil has cache plugin error.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast