Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: help tuning satellites

Title
    Thanks

help tuning satellites

can anyone help me a had 28.2 setup and everything was ok, so decided to try and tune in the rest of them now i have lost 28.2 east and all a can pick up when i search it is 23.5 channels, hope someone can help

cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What are your tuner configurations? Can you not just download a channel list?

Title
    Thanks
    cheers for the reply

a must of done something to the setting or summit, a used sat finder and moved it to 33.2 east and now i can get the right search of 28.2, u know anyway of getting it back to normal

Title
    Thanks
    What are you trying to do? Scan the channels on 28.2 or align your dish to 28.2 and save the location? If it is just tune in the chanenls, I'd use ABM for now. USALs is easier than diseqc motor controls. Menu >setup> service seraching >tuner configration.

I think it might be a good idea for you to read Pheonix's guide as it will shed light on many things.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-set-up-guide

Title
    Thanks
    am trying to align my dish back to 28.2 for some reason it scans 23.5, so i got my old box out and got it back to 28.2 then when a put my venton back in i heard the dish move back to 23.5

Title
    Thanks
    I suspect you went into the advanced mode of the tuner configuration and saved the postion. You can move it back and then save the location. It is however easier to use USALS as the positioner control software.

In my limited experience, once the settings in advanced are messed up, reverting to simple does not nullify them. They must be corrected before going to simple. A lot easier to USB flash and start from scratch. This applies to PLi 3.0 as well the Vix image. (Hopefully, someone can rebuff this with the correct method.)

Anyway, if you do start from scratch, your tuner configuration for the motorised tuner should be:

Config mode = simple
    Mode = positioner
    Longitude = enter your values ( +ve is east, -ve is west)
    Latitude = enter your values ( +ve is north, -ve is south)

Leave the other options at the default values.

You can get your co-ordinates from dishpointer.com. If your dish aligned correctly, it will calculate the positon of every satellite. You can then scan individual satellites or transfer a premade chanenl list or a combination of both.