Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: auto bouquets maker cannot read data

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    update:: I also have no mtv ,Disney ,select, tcm hd along with watch hd & dave hd now , strange as it was only dave & watch that was missing last night also a few sports channels missing now, tried changing providers order and bouquets maker scanned until it came to sky uk then it displayed cannot read data , anyone know what do next

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i found that on my duo i had to move the motor to 28.2E first before scanning once i did that ABU work perfect been like that for a bit

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The motor problem where ABM does not get a lock on sky unless the motor is pointing towards 28.2 east and the issue with black channels is not related.

1. There is a issue that we are aware of with ABM when used on motorised setups in which ABM can not get a lock on sky uk unless you leave the motor parked on 28.2 east before the scan takes place.

2. The issue with the newly moved HD channels not clearing is not related to ABM, as those affected users can not clear these channels at all whether ABM scanned them in or Lraizers Auto bouquets plugin or a third party bouquet pack for that matter. I'm not sure what the issue here is but it's not ABM related.
    You can check if these channels have been scanned in properly by comparing the new service references for them, my self i'm not having any issues with these channels and they are working on all 7 receivers i run.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    1. There is a issue that we are aware of with ABM when used on motorised setups in which ABM can not get a lock on sky uk unless you leave the motor parked on 28.2 east before the scan takes place.
    Or to 13.0E depending on the providers used in ABM.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-06-13),^^COMPASS^^ (23-06-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    fixed :: ok got all channels back up and running now , im on a fixed dish , went into providers in a b m got rid of sky uk and scanned as topbuzz stated sky Scotland which appeared last week, for some reason it was stating could not read data on sky uk , after scanning all channels are now showing

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Re: auto bouquets maker cannot read data

If you say what the failed settings were, they can be looked at and fixed properly.

Title
    Thanks
    I had this issue too, got an updated list of the new transponder details for Dave HD etc and performed a manual service scan on it, not sure if I can post the site I got the list from here. Also did the same to get BBC RB HD for the tennis Just need to run autobouquet again to get them all sorted and DBedit to change the station name of BBC RB.
    Last edited by rinaldi82; 25-06-13 at 14:44. Reason: more info

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    abu it didn't say what setting failed it just stated that auto bouquets maker could not read data, got mates box showing full listings after scanning with sky Scotland instead of sky uk as well

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried doing a full service scan to pick up the new transponders? I'm new to this but don't think a bouquet maker would tune in the new frequencies it would only pick up what is already there.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: auto bouquets maker cannot read data

Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi82 View Post
    Have you tried doing a full service scan to pick up the new transponders? I'm new to this but don't think a bouquet maker would tune in the new frequencies it would only pick up what is already there.
    You dont need to do any form of scan prior to running ABM. I never do my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    You dont need to do any form of scan prior to running ABM. I never do my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Will ABM tune in channels if the transponder has changed? Would save a bit of hassle if so.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi82 View Post
    Will ABM tune in channels if the transponder has changed? Would save a bit of hassle if so.
    yes, thats exactly what it is designed for. ABM reads the data from the same feeds as a official sky receiver and builds its bouquets from that ( in under 2 minutes as well ).

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

rinaldi82 (25-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    yes, thats exactly what it is designed for. ABM reads the data from the same feeds as a official sky receiver and builds its bouquets from that ( in under 2 minutes as well ).
    Cool I didn't realise it could do that, very handy to know, I thought it would be a bit time consuming to do manual scans or full service scans everytime a channel changed transponder. Is the built in ABM in Vix the best to use or is it worth downloading another?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There are Two versions.

ABM = AutoBouquetMaker.

This is built into the ViX image by drfault, it is produced, maintained and updated on this foruma part of the OE-Alliance.

AB = AutoBouquets.

This is the version produced and maintained by LraiZer of the Ukcvs forum. This version was the first and original plugin to do this kind of thing, ABM was based on this idea although none of the code in AB was used in ABM.

you can use either of these in the ViX image and both will allow you to do slightly different things depending upon your needs.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi again , another mate phoned me who has same box saying channels missing , went to his done the same as other 2 boxes , set sky uk to no in providers and set Scotland sky to yes , all channels up and running , so its not image or box problems its scanning sky uk in autobouquets maker that seems to be problems,all the boxes in question are fixed and not motorised

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast