Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uno Twin type

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    you can record two channels and watch any other that falls on the same transponder as either of the two channels you are recording from.

or watch one channel and record any other, while still being able to record another or more as long as they fall onto a transpoder which is the same as the channel your watching or the first recording you made,
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Yes & more as well as watching playback of something else at the same time.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Basically if you have two tuners you can watch one and record one, all others are a bonus.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok just so i can be sure please answer my scenario.

Lets say i want to record the The apprentice which airs on Wednesday at 9:00PM on BBC1. This will be recorded by Twin tuner A. Lets say this transponder is group A or 1. I also want to record a movie on sky movies that starts at 9:00PM on the same day. This will be on tuner B. Lets say this transponder is on a completely different one. (lets say transponder B). So now my box is recording two separate channels on different transponders. So i wont be able to view any more channels while both of these shows are recording because both my tuners are now occupied.. But i will be able to watch something previously recorded right?

Is this possible. Sorry for the long question. I just want to be sure

thanks
    So the question is can the Vu+ uno twin tuner do this ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Lets say i want to record the The apprentice which airs on Wednesday at 9:00PM on BBC1. This will be recorded by Twin tuner A. Lets say this transponder is group A or 1. I also want to record a movie on sky movies that starts at 9:00PM on the same day. This will be on tuner B. Lets say this transponder is on a completely different one. (lets say transponder B). So now my box is recording two separate channels on different transponders. So i wont be able to view any more channels while both of these shows are recording because both my tuners are now occupied..
    You really need to sit back and read previous answers given...
    In this situation, you will also be able to record/watch any other channels broadcast on the same transponders that both tuners are using.

But i will be able to watch something previously recorded right?
    At any recording stages, 2 tuners used, multiple recordings, you will also be able to watch any previously recorded shows or shows added to the HDD by various other means depending on the encoding & box used.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=judge;219758]You really need to sit back and read previous answers given...
    In this situation, you will also be able to record/watch any other channels broadcast on the same transponders that both tuners are using.

Ok so i take it the answer is yes i can do this. So basically each tuner can connect to one transponder right?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    basically the UNO with a twin tuner can do exactly what the Sky HD twin tuner can do and more right?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    basically the UNO with a twin tuner can do exactly what the Sky HD twin tuner can do and more right?
    the 'can do and more right?' is the basic answer to all your questions so far...
    However, it's not the same as a Sky HD twin tuner (locked down) box, it can do so much more & like any box, the longer you use it the easier it gets.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Uno Twin type

Last edited by BubbleBalls; 16-06-13 at 07:51.

Title
    Thanks
    Now reading all the questions and answers on uno twin tuners boxes
    wish I had bought one when on special offer of £29.99, will wait see if
    sponsor puts back on special again, and buy one...
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12