Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed Please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    followed instructions to the letter and nothing whatsoever, have restored my backup settings back to disecq 1.2. Is there any way i can save these settings do a reflash and then put these settings back in. I feel like a muppet here and wish that the installer had showed me how to set up the motor.....

anybody any idea the file path of the satellite settings so I can save to PC, then ftp back across

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Your dish can be pointed at any satellite when you flash the image. Your tuner B setting should match whatever hardware is connected to it. You have not mentioned what is connected to it.

I would recommend you use USALS. Yes, negative values are for those located in the West/South.

If you wish to use the settings that you were using before. The satellite positions are saved in a file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2/ I don't know if it is advisable to paste the whole file in your image, but you can paste the lines relating to your tuners.

At a later date, you should check whether your motor has hardware limits to prevent the motor going into the wall. There is also an option to implement software limits in the positioner setup menu.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Advice Needed Please

I often find inexperienced installers with no experience of setting up motorised dishes will often opt for diseqc over usals, as they don't know how to set them up and can compensate by storing the sat positions individually.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    due to the superb help from Mr Mister last night, got up and running with Usals. The longitude and altitude were so far out from the information online. Online it says longitude should be -4.462652, my settings are now -000.004 and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. Still some tweaking to do try and get 0.8 but will get there.

What's more no spinning Vix symbol after an hour and slow machine

Mr Mister - legend

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcroberts For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (09-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    what method are you using to get your long/lat details?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Advice Needed Please

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcroberts View Post
    due to the superb help from Mr Mister last night, got up and running with Usals. The longitude and altitude were so far out from the information online. Online it says longitude should be -4.462652, my settings are now -000.004 and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. Still some tweaking to do try and get 0.8 but will get there.

What's more no spinning Vix symbol after an hour and slow machine

Mr Mister - legend
    Which was my point exactly. Your installer didn't know how to setup using usals

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    ....and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. ....
    So you actually live on the North Pole

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    any ideas why the long and lat is so far out, but usings these setting I get between 70 and 80 percent signal strength on all satellites with the exception of 4.8 and 0.8 which I don't get any signal on even although the motor turns to correct position

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    any ideas why the long and lat is so far out, but usings these setting I get between 70 and 80 percent signal strength on all satellites with the exception of 4.8 and 0.8 which I don't get any signal on even although the motor turns to correct position
    Only reason can be the dish is not aligned properly.
    Is the pole exact vertical?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, went up on ladder earlier and certainly using a spirit level, the bracket and pole are 100%. Not that I am worried too much now as have great strength on all sats now with the exception of 4.8, 0.8. It would be nice to be able to pick up a signal on 0.8 Hopefully I will get there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12