Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EPG Keeps Losing Data

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPG Keeps Losing Data

Disabled is OK. I have a Vu+ Duo and a Gigablue Quad and have never had any sustained issues with EPG. EPG is stored to the HDD. System/EPG/Cross EPG /Configure is set as
    Attachment 26918
    System/EPG/Settings are
    Attachment 26919
    OpenTV providers Attachment 26920

I have no PowerTimers set. XMLTV is (and always has been) disabled.

I have however fresh flashed both boxes within the last month/6 weeks. I did not use settings back up at all and used the startup wizard to configure the STBs before FTP of cam/DBE of bouquets. The only things that have remained constant are Timers and Autotimers. I copy the files to my PC and FTP them back once fresh flash is complete.
    backing up timers
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showpost.php?p=220315

Your box starting up (and loss of EPG) can happen if it is not powered down correctly. EPG is stored in flash while the box is running. It's saved from/to the HDD on power up/down. If, for example, a power outage happens you may get your symptoms. Do you mains power off? Do you you have a mains timer?

Both my boxes run perfectly, both are wired to router, both have static IPs and both are maintained to the latest builds (updated a day after build release)

If these settings don't help then save your timers to PC and do a fresh flash. If you still use a USB - format that too (just in case there are old EPG files still there) and double check your HDD is mounted. These boxes are like PC's in that files/paths/settings can become corrupt and they are open to virus also. A fresh flash does not take too long either! Hope you get sorted.

Tapatalker
    Last edited by BubbleBalls; 22-06-13 at 09:16.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

spevs (23-06-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go into settings, epg, crossepg, open tv providers and tell me what options have a tick next to them?? I had a tick next to both sky options and had similar issues with epg display, make sure just 28.2 is ticked, save, exit and do a full reboot. It sorted the problem for me, still get box on in morning occasionally but just come to accept it, doesnt spoil the pleasures of owning my box.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

no1baggiesfan (23-06-13),spevs (23-06-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for your suggestions on this, I am not aware of any mains outages, I have abandoned keeping the EPG on a USB stick and since storing it on the HDD has reduced these issues to occurring once or twice a week rather than every other day. I will try what you have suggested...........

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Go into settings, epg, crossepg, open tv providers and tell me what options have a tick next to them?? I had a tick next to both sky options and had similar issues with epg display, make sure just 28.2 is ticked, save, exit and do a full reboot. It sorted the problem for me, still get box on in morning occasionally but just come to accept it, doesnt spoil the pleasures of owning my box.
    The only tick I have in opentv providers is Astra2 on 28.2, I agree I still love having the box, although it's just a shame there are a few niggles, especially the recording from EPG inconsistencies..............Thanks for your help........Spevs

Title
    Thanks
    I too am having problems with my EPG, tried USB and HDD, only have 28.2 ticked as my epg provider, I download it, I have it set to DL at 4am every day, but still I have no EPG

Any ideas please.

Vix 683 on a TM twin.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What time is abm updating? Try updating abm at say 1am and crossepg at 00.30am tonight and see if it makes any difference in the morning when you get up.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1baggiesfan View Post
    I too am having problems with my EPG, tried USB and HDD, only have 28.2 ticked as my epg provider, I download it, I have it set to DL at 4am every day, but still I have no EPG

Any ideas please.

Vix 683 on a TM twin.
    Have you 2 feeds going to the TM Twin & are both set up correctly for 28.2E?

When you press the Blue button -> Cross EPG Downloader, what happens then?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Have you 2 feeds going to the TM Twin & are both set up correctly for 28.2E?

When you press the Blue button -> Cross EPG Downloader, what happens then?
    yes I have 2 feeds, one is 28.2 the other is motorized, I think I have it sorted tho, I ticked BOTH the 28's (28.2 and 28.4) downloaded and now I have EPG

and yes, I saved it straight away b4 the dam box crashed again

still not used to those magic buttons lol, only had the box 6 weeks

Thank you peeps, will let you know how it goes.

PS. Igleave22's idea, working so far, will find out more tomorrow.
    Last edited by no1baggiesfan; 23-06-13 at 23:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s31teg View Post
    i used to have a similar problem with a cheap usb stick, got a trusty sandisk cruzer and problem vanished

have you tried moving epg to HDD just to prove this?
    On the TM Twin I deleted the epg file from the hard drive and re downloaded the epg problem solved but not with the duo. Using latest Vix image build 683.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Could be wrong here but don't think you need both 28.2 & 28.4.
    Downloading extra data with one overwriting the other.
    I'd just use 28.2.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPG Keeps Losing Data

I'd just use 28.2.
    When I started last year I was unsure if I needed just one or both (I had little understanding of Sat positioning) - I used both initially but soon only ticked 28.2. That's enough for me too. No issues.

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    I'd just use 28.2.
    I tried with both separately before m8, it only worked when I ticked both. lol.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    28.2 downloads a lot more than what's duplicated in 28.4, I'd stick with 28.2 only for SKY IRE & UK EPG.

Title
    Thanks
    This is effing stupid, EPG working perfectly all day, then after watching a few movies I press the EPG button and its all gone again, ffs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Take out 28.4 now, run crossepg abs reboot mate. This is what method worked for me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast