Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: arriva 102e hd overall review/problems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

arriva 102e hd overall review/problems

The arriva 102e hd is a very nice looking box, the menu system is quite nice, better than my previous skybox f3, this is really the main plus point.

the negatives i have found are:

1. The box will not find all sly channels, a blind scan fixes this but then it brings up problem 2.
    2. sly sports 2 hd will not display unless you change the transponder settings everytime you wish to switch back and forth between every other channel and slysports 2 hd, this is time consuming and negates being able to set the box to record from this channel as you will not be their to manually change the transponder settings.
    3. Channel lists are pretty much non existant for this box, and with so many channels, some carrying data, and so many versions of the same channel it would take weeks to gather a reasonable channel list.
    4. The box have developed what appears to be rebooting itself every hour or so, this is very similar to the problem i had with my skybox f3, I wonder if they share some chips which inherently go down after a few months of use?

Overall, you pay for what you get, i understand this but a stable box which allows channels to be displayed without having to regularly change transponder settings, is at least what i expected, the ultra cheap f3hd did this and also had better support regarding channel lists. My next box will more than likely be a vu plus genuine, i dont need all the plugins/extras just want a stable working box with decent channel lists no settings changing to view channels and a decent epg, Im hoping i can return the ferguson and pay extra for a decent, well supported box.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to merlin77 For This Useful Post:

Gaastra (26-05-13)