Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: help please anyone

Title
    Thanks

help please anyone

done all the basics now and still no luck. even checked the rf connectors. please help anyone this must be something simple. thanks all. i am open to any sugestions. lost all chanels except freesat.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Have you checked your network settings? Have you applied latest patch? Have you enabled service+?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

elnino9 (08-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Ignore lol, just got up, id not realise not a vu
    Foxy

Title
    Thanks
    hi sicilian - thanks for the reply .answer to all the above is yes mate. i think the patch dated 30/8/10 was bad and have put the previous patch on 27/08/10. have asked a few freinds they recomend switching to DiSEqC from usals and storing each sat manualy. not quite sure how to do this but will give it a go this weekend. if it works i will let you no. an unusual problem i no but very frustrating. thanks again for your reply.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    you lost all channels except freesat.????
    do you mean they show up as scrambled or you cant find the channels at all???
    if they only shows as scrambled changing from usals to diseqc wont help.
    check your router settings and do a reboot on both router and box.
    turn service+ to on and register it.
    btw: latest patch is from 26/9-2010
    if you load patch to box,,,first save your channels to usb stick by pressing green button on remote with usb stick in box.
    then load patch do a factory reset ,,after that put back your channellist again and go to network and press 1111 on remote and check out in network that service+ says connected.
    if channels not found at all check out in motor settings pin is 0000 that your longitud and latitud is set right,,and scan for sats again.
    if you where more specific when asking for help ,,,makes it more easy for us to help you.
    regards
    chris-k

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

elnino9 (11-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks chris for your reply. my freesat chanels on astra 28degrees are all clear not scrambled. i changed from usals to diseqc and hey presto everything works. a question you might be able to answer me though is when i switch from usals to diseque on thor i have to manualy move east a few inches. does this mean my dish has moved and needs readjusting? i am very new to all this so what might be obvious to an expert might not be so to me. thanks elnino9

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    cant you change your latitud a bit in usals settings,,,,???
    make shure you have right latitud and longitud.
    Last edited by chris-k; 11-10-10 at 23:23.